Vizio D65-D2 part substitute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio D65-D2 part substitute

I have a desire to keep this one out of the land fill awhile, so I found the 5vdc stdby circuit gone to cold ground. There is no stdby light on the front and of course has no display or BL. The main caps have 168 vdc. There are no voltages on any of the pinouts. The power board at issue is model 056.04224.0021, and the suspected removed diode DM856 has full continuity in both directions in and out of circuit. After its removal, the 5vdc stdby pin no longer shows shorted. Can I substitute a SR506 for the defective SR206522Y that came out (the fuse that protects the IC nearby is 2A), if not what?? There is no physical damage that has been discovered. The LED BLs have been tested and are fully functional and the screen is not cracked. What are the likely components that this failure has affected, other than the usual DM853 - DM855? Thanks guys.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by captainKKK; 04-23-2022, 05:53 PM.

Re: Vizio D65-D2 part substitute

The SR506 should work ok in place of the SR206, If you are lucky, the standby ic is still ok, Was the fuse open? if it was, icb801 may be bad as well, what is the number on icb801?
    Last edited by R_J; 04-23-2022, 07:05 PM.

Comment

As long as the new diode is same or better, it’s fine as kind.

Comment

Thanks for the help.

The fuses are not open, the icb801 is labeled 2A153D, SK592, G14AI I wonder how I can test it.

Ok, this is going to be wild, since the DM853 thru DM855 (SR515) are in parallel, could I take the DM853 out and place it into the DM856 (SR206) temporarily to see if the 5vdc circuit come up?

What might have caused this DM856 to short? If I put another in, could it short for what reason?
        Last edited by captainKKK; 04-24-2022, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Diodes in parallel are a bad idea. Sometimes one works harder than the other one and the inevitable happens. As long as there is no load on the 5v you can try the smaller diode no problem to see if the 5VSB comes up. However don’t turn the tv on as it probably will exceed the rating of the diode.

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
            Diodes in parallel are a bad idea. Sometimes one works harder than the other one and the inevitable happens. As long as there is no load on the 5v you can try the smaller diode no problem to see if the 5VSB comes up. However don't turn the tv on as it probably will exceed the rating of the diode.
            Thanks Cap, The parallel diodes were Vizio's design so I thought I might borrow one temporarily to see if the 5vsb circuit came up. Also, checking the other items in the thread below, I read this and it said:
            "The 2A153D IC has VCC at pin 2 and Ground at pin 3.

With TV unplugged:

Measure for a short between pins 2-3.

In fact, measure for shorts between pin 3 and all other pins of this IC."

My 2A153D IC has very low or no resistance between pin 3 and 2, but his must have had the same.

I borrowed an SR260 from another board I have and soldered it in. I cannot find the RB801 fuse R_J referenced therein.

Caution to the wind and nothing else found, plugged in the PS board by its self and the 5vsb appeared. Jumped the PS_On and the 12vdc appeared but did not get to check the main caps voltage.

Working on PS and MB installation and cable up, going to smoke test it very soon after lunch........badcaps forum are the best......

Comment

I cannot find the RB801 fuse R_J referenced therein
              I never said anything about RB801, you mentioned the fuse in your first post
              Can I substitute a SR506 for the defective SR206522Y that came out (the fuse that protects the IC nearby is 2A),
              If the fuse FB801S is ok, the ic is likely ok as well.

If the fuse IS open, check the resistance between pins 5~8 and pin 1 of the ic, this will check if the internal mosfet is shorted.
              I would as a precaution replace the two caps CB802 & CB803 in the primary, these are likely for the vcc of the ic.
              Last edited by R_J; 04-24-2022, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Thanks R_J, I interpreted your post wrong about the RB801, since it is a resistor. I will remember your concerns about CB802 & CB803 if it fails again because it is already completely reassembled and working perfectly. It is burn in now so if you do not here any more here, this is a done deal. WE saved the Planet again.
                Attached Files

Comment

Update: Still going strong, working perfectly and beautifully. No hiccups or deficits. Super bright on only 30% bl. And the smart apps are awesome. I am hooked.

Comment

Congrats to the repair! Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                    X