HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G4 Bios Password Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G4 Bios Password Removal

I want to change the serial number, can you?

Comment

Originally posted by pcssat View Post
      I want to change the serial number, can you?
      First of all you edited your post adding information about your bios dump (if it's yours) regarding the model, and this is off topic - this thread is for 1040 G4 not G3! In the future create your own thread, or ask questions in the relevant existing one. Secondly there is no need to repeat the same thing twice, you will not be answered faster this way. Thirdly about your question - I can, but I don't want to, I don't change serials, IMEI numbers etc. You can do it yourself - there are enough programs to do it if you want so.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
      Become a Badcaps supporter
      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
      Thanks to all supporters.​
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Thank you very much for your work. It worked for me correctly. What is happening? I am new to the capacity. I still don't have much knowledge. I hope you understand. Can you advise me on a specific program? maybe those of dmi?
        thank you very much for your work

Comment

I've got a HP EliteBook 1040 G4 with a BIOS password I can't remember anymore.
          Since it's password protected I can't back-up the BIOS with the HP tools.

System serial: 5CD8093B4V
          Motherboard serial: PGXKR038JAG06H
          BIOS version: HP P96 Ver. 01.15 25/01/2018

Is it possible to clear the password? Is any additional information needed?
          Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by brainwaste View Post
            I've got a HP EliteBook 1040 G4 with a BIOS password I can't remember anymore.
            Since it's password protected I can't back-up the BIOS with the HP tools.

System serial: 5CD8093B4V
            Motherboard serial: PGXKR038JAG06H
            BIOS version: HP P96 Ver. 01.15 25/01/2018

Is it possible to clear the password? Is any additional information needed?
            Thanks in advance!
            read this ... after using HPUnlocker you can find it here on the site and unlock it yourself ..
            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570
            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
              read this ... after using HPUnlocker you can find it here on the site and unlock it yourself ..
              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570
              Thank you for your fast reply. How do I obtain the (locked) bin file to drag to the HPUnlocker tool?

Comment

Thank you for your fast reply. How do I obtain the (locked) bin file to drag to the HPUnlocker tool?
                You can try to backup and flash back with FPT. It must be run from an admin command prompt.If it doesn`t work then you will need an SPI programmer.
                Attached Files
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Great! I managed to backup the BIOS to a bin file and run it through HPUnlocker. But when I try to flash the BIOS this is the messages I see:

Intel (R) Flash Programming Tool. Version: 11.8.50.3460
                  Copyright (c) 2007 - 2017, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Reading HSFSTS register... Flash Descriptor: Valid

--- Flash Devices Found ---
                  GD25B128C ID:0xC84018 Size: 16384KB (131072Kb)

Error 368: Failed to disable write protection for the BIOS space.
                  FPT Operation Failed.

Does this mean the chip will need to be flashed with a programmer?

Comment

Does this mean the chip will need to be flashed with a programmer?
                    There are some methods you can possibly try ************
                    Its much easier though to buy a programmer for a few euros.
                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-07-2023, 05:51 AM. Reason: dead win-raid link removed
                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I HAVE HP ELITEBOOK FOLIO 1040 G4
                      DA0Y0UMBAD0 REV
                      MODEL: Y0U

the laptop powers on,no display,fan full speed..
                      attached is the bios bins i have dumped....kindly help
                      from NAIROBI KENYA..THANKS
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 4G comm View Post
                        I HAVE HP ELITEBOOK FOLIO 1040 G4
                        DA0Y0UMBAD0 REV
                        MODEL: Y0U

the laptop powers on,no display,fan full speed..
                        attached is the bios bins i have dumped....kindly help
                        from NAIROBI KENYA..THANKS
                        HP EliteBook 1040 G4 Base Model Notebook PC
                        Attached Files

All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                        Become a Badcaps supporter
                        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                        Thanks to all supporters.
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

bump guys

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                            HP EliteBook 1040 G4 Base Model Notebook PC
                            thank you very much
                            100% working bios
                            nairobi kenya appreciates

Comment

hey! my 1040 G4 got stuck with bios password, i know i had it right but it simply just stopped accepting the password. WHo can help me to resset it and what is the procedure? HP elitebook 1040 G4 5s/n cd80362y4 ! thanks so much

Comment

Originally posted by antiservice@inbox.lv View Post
                                hey! my 1040 G4 got stuck with bios password, i know i had it right but it simply just stopped accepting the password. WHo can help me to resset it and what is the procedure? HP elitebook 1040 G4 5s/n cd80362y4 ! thanks so much
                                post here the original bios of the laptop
                                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Comment

da0y0gmbag0 rev g bios 1040 g4

Comment

Originally posted by masoodahmad124 View Post
                                    da0y0gmbag0 rev g bios 1040 g4
                                    So ...what is your request !!!!

Comment

i want bios da0y0gmbag0

Comment

Pls,clear ME - long start .
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sdslavi View Post
                                          Pls,clear ME - long start .
                                          Here's your Clean file, try it.
                                          Attached Files
                                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                                          all donations are welcome,
                                          see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                                          >>>>>
                                          click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                          X