Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

vertyanov jig 3 soft 7.9 can reprogram it8995E-128

Comment

question : vertyanov jig 3 soft 7.9 can reprogram it8995e 128

Comment

Hello Techs. I'm new here and would like to become better at board repair.

Comment

Hi all im a computer scientiest graduate thats into smd work, i have kept an eye on this forumn for a while however never got into repairs im now into repairs!

Comment

Hi guys really enjoy the knowledge here hope to learn something on fixing pcbs

Comment

Hello everyone my name is Magnus and a tinker with most electronic stuff as hobby, no electronics education. Been doing so since i was young boy and now i have about 10 years or so to retirement. Just gotten into motherboard-repair with microscope-soldering and learning about uefi, bios and stuff. I hope i eventually will be able to answer someones questions. Cheers :-)
              Not many things beats the feeling of a successful repair

Comment

Hello everyone. I have been repairing laptops some years by now. Thanks for this community, it has helped a lot with many repairs. Hopefully i can someday give some help back.

Comment

Hello everyone ^^ I learning how to repair graphics cards

Comment

Dear all
                    I have been checking Bad Caps forum for years, and I finally decided to register...I work as an IT and Network technician in Tunisia and I do some electronic repairs...I also like to do some Arduino, raspberry pi,programming

Comment

Hello

I'm a 34y old guy from sweden thats trying to learn electronics.
                      Going to the university next year to start study to an electronics engineer.
                      This place seems to have lots of experienced persons, so i bet that I can learn many thing from here

Comment

Hello !

I am a semi-retired electronic technician from Savannah Ga. I have been in the TV / Electronics "in home" service business for about 50 years. I do far less work now but have learned that full retirement is a "bad idea"; so, I plan to "refuse to stand still", doing a few projects per month accordingly. Thanks for the opportunity to be a part of your great organization!

Comment

Hi guys and girls
                          I run a small PC repair business from home, mainly software issues. Im looking at getting into the electronics side of this eg motherboard repairs. Ive never done this before. Recently my gaming laptop started playing up so ive done a fair bit of troubleshooting on the software side, now im thinking its more hardware rather than software. After chatting with Gigabyte, and describing the problem to them, they thought the best solution was to replace the motherboard at a cost of $1200. I think now is a great time to learn motherboard diagnostic skills so maybe i can repair it myself! Anyway thats for another thread. BTW i came across this site pretty much by accident. Who knows, it may just be a God send.

Comment

Hi to all from Spain, electronics engenieer "playing" with bad caps, ress and so on for 30 years now, hopping to help and find help when needed, if some of you need any kind of help please PM me and maybe I can help you out, thanks a lot to this community

Comment

Hey everyone! Hope everyone is doing fine this evening i stumble apon this fourm just cruising through the internet trying to answer questions in my head. Getting into computer kinda late in my life and starting to get addicted to the world of trying to repairing old or disabled computer automotive tech by trade. Always finding a way to dig my self into a hole with something i screwed up and talking hours to figure out what i did wrong.

Comment

Hi everyone, new to the forum. Have read some great post on here. Hoping to get some help with a TV problem. Will start a thread in the appropriate section. Thanks agan. Loagz!

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                                  As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                  So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                  where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                                  Hi everyone i'm Nino from Nigeria, don't know much about repairs just here to get help for this cool forum with my pc.

thanks everyone

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello! New Member Here

Comment

Hello! I'm a new member looking to extend my knowledge in laptop motherboard repair and maybe help some others along the way.

Comment

Hi folks,

I'm from germany and I love tech stuff.
                                          I love to solder all kind of stuff ie. for IOT... I highly recommend asksinpp...
                                          Did some BGA soldering (recover emmc from mobiles) and so on.
                                          And of course bad caps on mainboards but mostly on pc lcds...

What pointed me to this forum...

I want to recycle a lenovo mainboard for home server tasks.
                                          The challenge is... There is a display connector for the primary display and a hdmi for the second display.
                                          Unfortunately the esecond output is black, so I need to get the first output working, or hack the bios somehow to set the hdmi port as primary...

Then I found this...
                                          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=38501

with hope to brings me a step forward...
                                          Maybe one of you had already the same problem...

I would like to discuss on this topic and maybe on others with
                                          tech minded people like I am... (-:

I wish you all ... nice sucessful hacking !

Comment

Working...
                                          X