This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello! I'm new af here, but have a decent amount of technical knowledge having worked as a technician at Apple, a bitch of an experience but I did learn a lot. I've now opened my own little repair shop and am wanting to learn component level repairs, so ie begun tinkering, this community is amazing and I'm hoping to help as much as i get help. brighter days ahead!

Comment

Hi people, I am ron from India. I am in and around pc and laptop from 1999. I usually do all the modifications from the days of win98. Right now i have two latitude 7490 and trying to get computer hardware knowledge and repairing bios and so I am here to learn from all the experts.

Comment

hi everyone ,i am new in this forum .
        I am learning to repair laptops.
        good luck for everyone.

Comment

Hi im doing repairs science 2018 controllers, motherborads, laptops, simple fixes now i think i'm on a level where i could start reparing for money i bought few motherboards for learning and graphics cards right now i repaired one video card and a motherboard wich was both a hardver level repair i am currently working on a x570 motherboard wich i need help wit so i joined because i saw a thered here about an x570 motherboard.

Comment

Hi all,
            I'm Thomas, 53, from Germany (near Hamburg). I've had a vocational training as an electronics technician back when 74xx TTLs were a thing (mid 1980s), and did a few hardware mods on my c64 back in the day.
            I'm doing macbook repairs for a year now, inspired by Louis Rossmann, Paul Daniels and TCRS-Tim - mostly 2012-2017 MBA and 2011-2015 MBP.

Comment

Hi people,

I'm a guy from Austria interested in all things regarding computers. I love to learn something new and love helping others out whenever possible.

Comment

Hello Everybody, I hope I can be of any help, my name is Mario and I have been a very bad boy, performing reflow and reballing here and there all the time, not knowing about signals like PWRON ACOK ADAPTOK PLTRST RSMRST and all the rest, so I can say I'm a reformed brute, I thank the internet and this forum for that, also other youtubers like Louis Rossman and Cristian Baragiotta, teachers and friends from all over the world, I have been living in Richmond VA for 6 years but moved to Argentina in 2012 almost definitely, English is my second language but I can write just fine and also speak with some accent... thank you guys! see you in the ether.

Comment

Hello. I'm a Master Electrician living in Denmark, and the reason I'm here is because i hate throwing stuff away and therby want to learn how to do simple repairs on electronics.

I don't have any major electronics experience, but I'm a fast learner and hopefully soon a Jack of one more trade (And Master of One

Thank you for letting me in.

Comment

Hi all ! I'm electronics engineer with long design and testing background. On free time sometimes like to repair and tweak all kind of electronics and audio devices. Many times found this forum helpful and informative !

Comment

Midwesterner about to embark on troubleshooting TVs for the first time.

Comment

Hello everyone! I'm just a nobody trying to figure out what my laptop problem is. hehe

Comment

Hello guys.
                          My name is Serkan, I am from Romania and I work in an IT service.
                          I have been into IT stuff for all my life and I still do this with pleasure.
                          I do my best to self develop in every day and learn new things.
                          I have registered here because I see a lot of people that have the same passion as I do.
                          Looking forward for meet nice people.
                          A nice day to all!

Comment

Hello!

I'm an electronic and computer hobbyist and into this stuff since my childhood.
                            Right now i'm trying to start fixing GPUs.

thank you all for your hard work and effort to make this information accessible!

Comment

Hello, I'm from Spain and I'm glad I found this board in order to learn some Electronics.

I'm a completely n00b in this field and I come from software open-source and sys/network admin world. My English is not that good either but I hope I'll be able to explain myself.

Thank you for creating and maintaining this place. See you at the threads.

Comment

Hello from Italy !!!

Comment

Hi Everybody
                                  Currently working on motherboards repairs in Nottingham UK.

Comment

Hello from Germany!
                                    I joined out of interest in the TeboView file format decoding challenge :-)

Comment

Hi. I have recently decided to get into some vintange Bang and olufsen gear.
                                      Beosystem 3300, and 6500.

I will need some hive mind help determining what electrical components need to be replaced to bring it back to function.

Comment

Hello, I enjoy repairing pc components as a hobby. Long time lurker...first time poster! Looking to get some help with a few GPU issues I currently have.

And Thanks to everyone for all the information I have already received reading this forum!

Comment

Hello from Alberta, Canada. I guess I'd call myself a retro computer and video game enthusiast looking to learn more about the hardware side of things. In particular I've got an OG Xbox 1.0 that is full of some especially gnarly looking capacitors and I want to learn how to give it the TLC it so desperately needs but I hope to learn lots more than just that.

Comment

Working...
                                          X