94V-0 E307069 GE-1 (HM65) there is vcore but no

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

94V-0 E307069 GE-1 (HM65) there is vcore but no

There are two of this card. One works well, and I measure it to fix the faulty one, and the other. The problem is as follows; The card turns off when the current reaches 1.2 A, installing and starting the processor on the card. I get all the voltages without a processor installed. VCore 1.05, GCore 1.1 and other voltages of 5 V, 1.8 V and 3.3 V are available. There is no faulty mosfet, no heated voltage regulator. I removed all the tantalum and aluminum capacitors from the work card and attached it to the faulty card. Nothing has changed. When I insert the CPU, the PGOOD ISL95870 output drops to 0, then the VON ISL95835 signal drops to 0 and interrupts the strobe signals 95835 and 95870. The processor is not faulty because it is running on a different board. Also, I programmed BIOS many times with the same firmware model. I even copied it from work cards. The NTC and GNTC (gcore) resistors of the solid card and the faulty card are the same. There is no short circuit on the board smd capacitor, I checked them all. When the board rises above 1.2 A, it fails for 1-2 seconds and turns off the VCORE voltage. GCore remains available. Durable card pulls up to 3A at 12v. However, this card for some reason shuts off energy when it rises above 1.2A. I don’t know what to do. Since I don’t have an oscilloscope in which it is stored, I cannot observe the change until the energy is turned off. As a last resort, I will try to transfer all smd Vcore capacitors from a solid board to a failed board, although there is no short circuit capacitor. But before I try, I still want to know your opinion. Perhaps there is a simple malfunction, but I could not do this and tried to fix this card for several days. By the way, this card is an OPS (Open Pluggable Standard) card, it is not mainly different from a laptop, and it is an Intel i3 system based on HM65.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tankado; 03-14-2020, 04:59 PM.

Re: 94V-0 E307069 GE-1 (HM65) there is vcore but no

Maybe I explained the problem a little confused.

There are all voltages with no CPU installed. When I insert the CPU, the card draws 1.2A,
    then the vcore regulator turns itself off. I took all the capacitors from a working card and put them on.
    The CPU runs on another card, so the CPU is intact.

There is a problem that shuts down the regulator when consumption goes over 1.2 amps.

Comment

Any help?

Comment

At sympthoms it is similar to dead HM65. Try to compare resistance from ground at voltage rails on both boards (working and broken), e.g. 1.05v, 3.3v, 5v, vcore. CPU must be removed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tankado View Post
          There are two of this card.
          plz post ur bios backup, i need it )
          Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-18-2022, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by el panke View Post
            plz post ur bios backup, i need it )
            Desktop PC bios requests go here: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15

What is the PC model,are the any part numbers on the motherboard,or stickers ?
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Try changing ISL chip and mosfet driver ic.

Comment

Working...
              X