Acer 76e keeps on cutting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer 76e keeps on cutting out

I have an Acer 76e 17-inch CRT monitor. It keeps on cutting out, it will turn on, but shortly after, the display will goes out, accompanied by a snap sound.(sounds like a little arc) (like static) Then I have to push the power button to turn it off then push the power button for it to come on again. Then a repeated cycle.

I looked inside the monitor from the top and through the ventilation holes with an LED flashlight. Inside seems to be visibly fine. I so far didn't see any bulging or leaking caps.

The CRT monitor has the following cap brands:

1. Definitely some Jamicons. (can recognise the logo) Most of them have a yellow case and a honeycomb vent.

2. Probably some Lelons (the logo appears to probably be Lelon) (cursive font in an oval) But it didn't have a regular vent, they have the same vents as the Koshin caps shown here. (looks like an anchor)
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Re: Acer 76e keeps on cutting out

there are many caps that go high esr in that one.look toward the rear center for any small hv lytics.
    replace them and iirc c308 toward the left front.they cause poor size and hv regulation as they die.
    resolder the connector on the psu at the top.

Comment

Working...
    X