Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung UE55 – Bad caps, working when removed, but replacements?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UE55 – Bad caps, working when removed, but replacements?!

Hello, here with a Samsung UE55H8005SQ TV project that's literally was thrown outside in the winter, probably for not starting and only giving “Red blinking light”, rescued it from the snow the day after…

Anyway, managed to narrow the problem down to a set of 7 ceramic capacitors on 1 of 4 boards that connects the ribbon cables from the panel (edge boards?), it showed short circuit.
    Removed them and plugged it all back in to make sure the panel kicked on and wasn't cracked, expecting at least missing lines or 1/4 of the image gone but to my surprise the TV worked fine.

Suppose I should not use the TV like this but finding replacements seems impossible.
    Have tried message seller on Ebay that have spare parts for my model, hoping to find someone that have their cracked screen still, tried Shopjimmy but they do not sell those parts and there is no way for me to identify them without special tools, no text on them ether…

What can I do?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Stoneface; 01-27-2020, 03:49 AM.

Re: Samsung UE55 – Bad caps, working when removed, but replacements?!

The ceramic SMD caps are 10uF, 35Volts should be enough.

Comment

Test all those MMLC caps you removed in ohm mode, what do they read?

Comment

You can get them at digikey or mouser and similar places.

Comment

Originally posted by William1967 View Post
          The ceramic SMD caps are 10uF, 35Volts should be enough.
          Hello again and thanks for showing interest, this is very helpful and if you have time to just identify 2 more caps as in the process of removing the big one the 2-3 of the smaller ones got removed/damage to (see picture)

1:
          2: 10uF, 35Volts
          3:

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
          Test all those MMLC caps you removed in ohm mode, what do they read?
          Those I can test shows nothing ether way, my meter is a very cheap one and don't think they can measure very much, I can't test them all as I dropped 2 of them and 3 have too much solder on them.
          When I removed them from the TV I tested the pads every time. When I took the last one off the short circuit disappeared and low residence of around 400 came back between the pads.
          The working boards also show around 400 residence over the caps so I assume the last one was shorted, but that's one of them I can't find on the floor, so I can't confirm.

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
          You can get them at digikey or mouser and similar places.
          Big thanks for point me in the right direction, I'll check if they ship international or I'll try scouting ebay
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi, have you fixed your TV?

Comment

Working...
            X