Pin #1 18.30
            Pin #2 0
            Pin #3 18.66

part number FR9024N
            I-R 452G
            Pin #1 18.44
            Pin #2 5.14
            Pin #3 18.70
            I will have to look up the 2 above. I'm not sure about those readings.

part number H183
            950T65
            Pin #1 3.29
            Pin #2 0
            Pin #3 2.48

part number H185
            952T43
            Pin #1 0
            Pin #2 1.8
            Pin #3 3.28
            The two above are working perfectly. The first is a 2.5V regulator. The second is a 1.8 regulator.

See

http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe.../G950T65U.html

http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe.../G952T43U.html
            --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Re: DELL 2405fpw

I really appreciate your help. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Mirage00 View Post
                Some sort of signal is being detected because when the backlight turns of after 30-40 seconds, if I toggle the monitor output on my laptop that is connected to the 2405fpw the backlight turns back on again.
                1) Does your laptop wallpaper show up on the lcd?

2) If not, is the screen just white?
                --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Wrt to post #27, can you get a picture of what is going on so we can see? Make sure a computer is hooked up to it.
                  Last edited by retiredcaps; 06-27-2012, 11:13 PM. Reason: Make sure a computer is hooked up to it.
                  --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
                    1) Does your laptop wallpaper show up on the lcd?

2) If not, is the screen just white?
                    Nothing shows on the LCD. The screen is a greyish black, the backlight is on because I can see the ccfl lit. Here is a pic of the monitor, its hard to see ( I was holding it up) but it shows the lights and buttons working at the bottom and the screen backlight on.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Mirage00; 06-27-2012, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Nothing shows on the LCD.
                      Let's eliminate the obvious.

1) Have you tried a different computer?

2) Have you tried a different VGA or DVI cable?

3) Have you tried all the input ports?

4) Are you using known working computer and VGA/DVI cable?
                      --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
                        Let's eliminate the obvious.

1) Have you tried a different computer?

2) Have you tried a different VGA or DVI cable?

3) Have you tried all the input ports?

4) Are you using known working computer and VGA/DVI cable?
                        Yes to all. As I mentioned the On Screen Menu does not display. I have a second 2405fpw and the OSM displays when you press the menu button regardless of it receiving a video signal (computer off).
                        Last edited by Mirage00; 06-27-2012, 11:27 PM.

Comment

I have a second 2405fpw and the OSM displays when you press the menu button regardless of it receiving a video signal (computer off)
                          Not all monitors have that feature which is why we always ask for a computer to be hooked up.

Can we get an overall backside shot of the lcd? I can't quite tell the relationship of all the boards with the different orientations. I would like to see how all the boards are connected to each other.
                          --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Here ya go
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi - in each corner of the main board there is a F1 to F4 designation are there any fuses there or is it just a fixing point? Also on the Power Supply there is an Orange pico torpedo fuse - has that been checked. I dont know much about circuits so its just a case of see a fuse check it. There are also 2 on the inverter board. Can you do a close up pic of the L shaped board - just for completeness.

EDIT
                              Also can you do a pic of the back of the main board if there are any component on it.
                              Last edited by selldoor; 06-28-2012, 06:48 AM.
                              Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Hi,

The F1-F4 boxes are not fixing points. Its odd, they are just square boxes. Not sure exactly what they are.

I didn't check the torpedo fuse, but I thought if the display is turning on and all button functions work, then the issue would not be power related on the power supply?

The L shaped board is just the USB/Media card dock. It's not part of the main board circuitry. If you still want a pic, I will need to take one.
                                Last edited by Mirage00; 06-28-2012, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Nothing shows on the LCD. The screen is a greyish black, the backlight is on because I can see the ccfl lit. Here is a pic of the monitor, its hard to see ( I was holding it up) but it shows the lights and buttons working at the bottom and the screen backlight on.
                                  BTW is this considered a white screen? Only the backlight is on.

Comment

0.34V at the T-CON fuse, means the T-CON is not getting the voltage for it to run.
                                    Please verify of what I think the connections are.
                                    We need to find that switched transistor that supplies the B+ to the T-CON fuse.
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by budm; 06-28-2012, 09:02 AM.
                                    Never stop learning
                                    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Thanks budm, I will check later today.

Comment

OK please bare with me, I'm not sure how to check this. I hooked up the DMM in OHM mode with the monitor off to each one of the pins and the other end on the FUSE and most of them read 0.

Comment

I think its just the last 4 pins at that end of the connector that are usually the power.
                                          Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Working...
                                          X