Panasonic TX-P42S30B flashing green light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TX-P42S30B flashing green light

Hi, I have a Panasonic TX-P42S30B TV and one day it decided to not work!

As far as I know I turned it on and it clicks twice in the back, then the GREEN LED power light flashes maybe about 6-7 times but very fast. Then once it has flashed it clicks again in the back. It does this once and doesn't repeat. I tried it once and whilst it was flashing I held onto the power button on the remote and it stayed alight but nothing else.

I have replaced caps quite a lot and my knowledge of TV circuit boards is growing but this has me stumped. If anyone could diagnose then that would be great

Thanks
    ACsellers

Re: Panasonic TX-P42S30B flashing green light

An old post, I know, but I have this same fault on the same model.
    I don't get any blinking red lights.

If I disconnect the SN board and then power up, I get 7 blinking red lights. But once I re-connect the SN board again, I get the same as above:

Click, click, click,
    Rapidly flashing green LED (about 6 times),
    One last click,
    and then nothing, completely dead.

Would be really grateful if someone could give me some pointers please?
    Last edited by mr. shr; 09-06-2017, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Take clear pictuers of all the boards and one of the whole back of the tv.
      The US version is tc-p42s30 and is almost always 4 blown ibgt transistors on the SC board. Post the pics and we will go from there.

Comment

OK here are some pics. Hopefully you can see them?
        Attached Files

Comment

Your SN board is the same as the US model. A board is completly different from here, we dont have cablecard input and other things. Remove the power connector and the flat ribbon from the SN. put you meter in continuity mode and put probes on SN2 and if you hear a beep longer then 5 seconds, you have a short. Reverse the probe leads and measure again. Beep that stops in under 5 seconds is good. Let us know.

Comment

As TvTimmy said.
            I repaired a few of these models , most of them had the 7 blinks but i also saw mainboard problems. ( bad bga solder under cpu ).

If SC board is ok ( do the test above ) please tighten all the screws on all boards , you will see that they are loose.
            I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Ok so measured continuity across terminals of SN2 and got a short reading.
              Is that definitely SN board fault then?

Comment

Ok to be sure you can do the following. ( without mains in ofcourse ).

Remove the SC20 powercable that is going to the powersupply ( middle board ).
                There are a few FETS on the SC board. On this board i believe there are 4. ( Q661? ).

On those fets is a small print that says "30F131" and the other will probably say "RJP30H2A". Or all 4 are 30F131.
                Meter in continuity mode and put the propes on the outer pins. A constant beep is bad.

The parts are located next to the big capacitors.
                I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Originally posted by Moreno83 View Post
                  Remove the SC20 powercable that is going to the powersupply ( middle board ).
                  Do you mean SN2? I don't have an SC20. I have an SN20 but it a ribbon cable not power?

I found 6 devices labelled 30F131.
                  4 of them give continuity on the outer pins. Two have resistance.
                  I've marked the picture accordingly. (Red crosses gave continuity, green had resistance).
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by mr. shr; 09-08-2017, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Sorry i meant the SN2 connector.

Yes those 4 fets with the red cross are usually the ones that go bad. The reason they fail is because of the screws on that board , they are loose which results in a short.

The other parts ( top row ) only go bad when the panel or buffers fail.
                    There is also a DAF30A FET and a RF1501 diode on that board , it will read short because those 4 parts are shorted so forget about those 2.

Remove the 4 parts with the red cross and you will see the short goes away on DAf30 and RF1501.

To repair this board you need to replace those 4 30F131 with FGD4536TM and you need to replace 2 small ic's. See attachment.

There is a small chance that 1 of these DG302 is shorted also.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Ps , make sure you get the real FGD4536TM and dont choose the cheapest option.

Comment

OK thanks.
                        I see there are a few places selling repair kits.
                        How do I know which kits are good?

Or do I just order the parts individually from RS Components or Maplin or something?

Comment

Don't use the repair kits , they get those parts from china also. You will still get fake parts.

The 2 small components are:
                          IC502 (and similar): BD8693FVM. That's the control IC.
                          3Y (SMD Code) is a CPH5524-TL-E

You can get those 2 from ebay/aliexpress , will be fine!
                          FGD4536 is a part that you can get from china but there are also fakes......
                          I would go for digikey/rsonline if they still have them.

OR , get a ss board ( right board in tv ) , ALL the parts are also on these boards. This will be the quickest option but you will get used parts. Wont be really a problem but again used is used.

Good luck , any questions feel free to ask.

Comment

Thanks for this, I'll have a shop around for where to source the parts.
                            I'm not sure where the 2 small components (BD8693FVM and CPH5524-TL-E) are physically located on the board.

Any chance you could highlight them on a pic for me please?

Comment

Struggling to find any suppliers of FGD4536TM
                              Are there not recommended sellers of these parts within this forum?

Comment

The 2 parts ( (BD8693FVM and CPH5524-TL-E) ) are located on the picture i added above. See post 10.

They are located on the board ABOVE the first red cross. It will read IC502 on the board.

As TW2005 said , search for GTV wadford on eBay , he has reliable parts. Bit more expensive but they are the real deal. You only need the parts though not the complete repair set.

Or as i said , get another SS board because the parts are on that board also. With some good soldering you can replace the parts.

Comment

Or contact Flocko on this forum and see if he can help you out since he is from the UK also!

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/30F131-PAN...-/151599605427

Comment

OK so looks like I'll be getting my parts from the company in Watford.

How do I know if I need to change those two small ICs?
                                      Is there a test I can do on them?

Comment

No , they always fail on the 42inch model.

If you still get 7 blinks after you replaced the igbt's then you know for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                        X