Panasonic TX-P42S30B flashing green light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic TX-P42S30B flashing green light

I had a 42" TX-P42U30B that only had four bad IGBTs, but sometimes you need to replace the driver chips too.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I'm sure I read somewhere that people who only changed the four FETs blew them immediately on power up because there were other faulty parts on the board.

Have you guys come across this?
      Or am I OK to just change those four FETs first, and if still not working, then change the ICs?

Comment

Yes you will be fine because the fets that blew on startup blew because of fake parts!

Again there are 2 options. If you want a really quick solution then order the same SS board that is in your tv. They are usually very cheap because they almost never fail. The same parts are on that board , get them off with a heat gun and solder them on your defective sc board and see if it works.

Other option is to get a repair service or order the repair kit
        I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

I'm going down the repair kit route.

Comment

Update:

I've changed the four IGBTs and pow!! the TV now switches on.
            It all seems to be working fine.
            Does that mean the repair is complete or do you think I need to replace the ICs too? (I do have replacement ICs as they were in the kit).
            Last edited by mr. shr; 09-17-2017, 01:22 AM.

Comment

The repair is done. Enjoy the TV!!

Make sure all the screws are in and fully secured on the boards to prevent futue failure.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Oke , good news!

You dont need to replace them right now but make sure the screws are tightened!

Enjoy your tv!
                I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

OK so I've taken the TV back to the mother in law. (She had already bought herself a replacement as I told her from the beginning that I couldn't guarantee to be able to fix hers.)

Happy with her new set, she decided to give her now repaired Panny to her parents.
                  I set it up for them this afternoon, and they are delighted as it replaced a very old 4:3 ratio LCD TV.

So a massive thank you to you guys on here, you've been superb. With the advise and support you've given me, you've helped revive an otherwise scrap TV, and made an elderly couple in Norfolk very happy.

A big pat on the back to you all, well done and thanks for all the help.

Comment

Hello All,
                    The fault has returned on the set and testing reveals it's the same problem as last time.
                    SN board shorted and the 4 transistors I replaced 2 years ago have shorted.
                    Can anyone advise where I can get good quality replacement transistors please?

Comment

Did the screws loosen up again?
                      When I repair an SN or SC board on a Panasonic plasma I use the screws from Samsung tvs that I scrapped from years ago. Thet have lockwashers on them and fit great. Just have to use the right length so you don't put them through the glass!
                      Last edited by tvtimmy; 01-12-2020, 10:38 AM. Reason: More info.

Comment

I wouldn't say loose. Couple were "easy to undue" I suppose. If I can source some replacement transistors I'll reassemble with split washers or lock washers too.

Comment

Working...
                        X