No announcement yet.

Toshiba 40E200U1 no picture problem !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toshiba 40E200U1 no picture problem !

Well. this thread took a un conventional turn.

I made a mistake, which probably saved me many man hours to say the least.

I would first like to thank everyone who chimed in to help. Very much appreciated.

When I removed the invertor board, I unknowingly thought the invertor to CCFL strip was one and the same, so once I had done some basic PCB test on it, and replaced fuses f101 and f102, I realized the black strip for the CCFL's were not engaging the strip.

So I had to strip down the TV to the bare bones.

Lo and behold, the innner LCD display was cracked in many places, that I could not see from the outside..

I am thinking that the previous owner got pissed off at the cheap ass design and threw a punch or two, and maybe a foot/kick to boot.

I googled the screen panel number, the cheapest one I could find for the screen panel which could have saved me money, comes from germany. The screen comes with the invertor board, and the Tcon.

The used screen panel is 98 euros, and 150 euros to ship.

I did the math. In canadian dollars to get that shipped to my house. at 1.5 on the euro, not worth my time or investment.

I will keep the P/S, main booard and odd stuff that I know is good. I am now looking for a other broken LCD.

It is actually funny, I can only say that I saw the fractures in the LCD screen once I was forced to embedded the CCFL's in their notches.

The wind went out of my sails to say the least.

Comment

So, in essence, this thread is dead in the water.

Thx again to all who participated, but this LCD TV is not worth our time to continue any longer.

Comment

Dam it bad luck there
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

I also have a Toshiba 40E200U1 LCD with the same signs & symptoms. I am a technician for 40 yrs and yes if the fuse is blown and the board seems scorched then the PCB needs to be replaced. A good used one will work fine. I have experienced the same problem and I am awaiting a used board from ebay.

Comment

Glad to find this forum & this thread. Have the same TV, belonged to relatives and they were going to toss it. I've revived several TVs by recapping the power board but haven't gone deeper than that. Did that on this one and it was sound/no picture just as everyone says. No signs of overheating and the two fuses on the board are OK. Got a board coming, there aren't enough hours in the day for me to try replacing tiny MOSFETS.

Any way to add a heat sink to these MOSFETS?

Comment

Working...
            X