Portable got by lightning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portable got by lightning

I have purchased my laptop by 2nd hand with a damage by a lightning without knowing it , after few usages on the first long usage pc shuts off and not powered on even after cooling, i've carry it to service, it asked too much
    for mo.bo. replacement, so came back unfixed, some months after , 1 or 2, i decided to power it on, it came back on and worked for 2 years after that it started with some shutoffs then never powers-up again, i've tried 1,2 weeks, 1,2 months later, no poweron, then 2 years later i tried by new, it powered up
    and tested good for 1 hour , i powered with speakers,floppy,battery,cd not connected, so, do you think this thing means something for the power requested or do you know wich part is more possibly in a state near between
    function and not func.? Like for say one semiconductor that is sometimes shorted sometimes well working, depending maybe on the load..? Could be a capacitor that is been damaged by lightning but sometimes goes some not?
    Could be a semiconduct. in a integrated circ. or can be only in a single compo.? Thanks.

Re: Portable got by lightning

It can be anything. It might not even be from lightning. A strike would most likely fry the AC adapter and/or trip the fuse in the laptop itself. If it got hit through the ethernet port then its another story. You're going to have to test it with a multimeter when it doesn't power up.

If it worked for 2 years something else is wrong. It could just be wearing out. Did you check for a liquid lightning when they told you that story? It collects as stains under the keyboard.

Comment

Working...
    X