Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot tune channels on LG 42LN540V

Hi all,

After a house move, our 42LN540V cannot autotune antenna channels. 0 programmes are found.

The control board had very visible damage to the antenna port, so I swapped it out with a new (used) board. Unfortunately, the issue persists. I've checked the cables with a multimeter and they seem to be OK with no shorts present.

I've tried two different antenna sockets in the new place and neither work. Short of the roof antenna being knackered, I'm not sure what to do here - is there any way to check the antenna socket with a multimeter?

Thanks,
    Dell E7450 | i5-5300U | 16GB DDR3 | 256GB SSD

Re: Cannot tune channels on LG 42LN540V

Maybe try a factory reset, if no go try a firmware update, does the tv work on other sources like an hdmi or component etc?

Comment

Have tried a factory reset (will have been reset with the new control board too) and no joy. Will try an update later. I bought a cheap crappy indoor aerial and still get no channels either so I'm at a loss here. HDMI and everything else is working fine.

Comment

as its a new house move have you tried another pre tuned tv using the roof aeriel? i know when i moved i had no signal issues and had too call my local council repairs line.

Comment

Solved, it is the roof antenna. The cheapo indoor antenna didn't work at first, but I dangled it out of the window on the other side of the house and it picked up a few channels. Thanks all.

Comment

Working...
          X