hp ze4400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hp ze4400

I know it is an old machine but i had it laying around from back in the day when the power jack got broke.

So i figured one day i would tear it down and try to repair it and that day was today.

What i did was checked power to the dc jack of where it was getting power to the jack but not to the mobo so i de soldered the jack from the board and replaced it.

After replacing the jack i performed a bench test when i had put the mobo back inside the case but not completely together and what i have is led lights powering up for one second and then off with nothing else. No fan, no beeps not a darn thing.

I have checked the power to the board and i am getting 18.9 v to the board and throughout most of the pins, I am also getting some that are 5v and some 3.3 volts as well.

so i checked for continuity from + to - and found the circuits to be isolated so i think im good there.

Does anyone have a flow of diagnostics for this motherboard? i think it is a foxconn.

Does anyone have any ideas on this at all?

Thanks

Re: hp ze4400

Im not sure if this will help but i have a friend that had a similar problem. The center of the pin of the plug got broke and because of it, the power kept going on and off. I was told that it took out the power relay which switches the power from battery to AC power. On his though, the computer would run with no problems from the battery, but as soon as you plugged the AC cord in, it would just die.. no warning, beeps, errors or anything... it would just die. Funny thing is that it would charge the battery after it shut down, but you could not turn it back on until you pulled the AC power plug again.. might be worth looking into..

Comment

Working...
    X