Chinese no brand ultrasonic cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chinese no brand ultrasonic cleaner

I bought an ultrasonic cleaner from ebay and after a couple of years it blew one of the driver boards fuse and a couple of diodes. I replaced the parts and it worked for a while then died again. Since then I have thrown out the board and just use one. The unit had 2 drivers and the good one drives 1 transducer only. The fried board was driving 2 transducers. The unit works on 1 transducer but is weak in power. I am tempted to connect the 2 transducers that were driven by the dead board. And leave the single disconnected. Not sure if it there is a fault in them and will just kill the driver. As it is I don't use it as it is just too weak. Ohmmeter test showed high resistance on transducers. Any ideas?

Re: Chinese no brand ultrasonic cleaner

I would check resistance across the electrodes and between each to the metal chassis, to ensure the transducers have not shorted or have a ground fault. You can also measure their capacitance for comparison.
    There may be nothing wrong with them and it's the cheap chinese power supply failing.

Comment

A bit more research this morning. Looks like the driver that ran 1 transducer is 50 watt. The other driver I think I tossed out was 100 watt. Might just try and find a new 100 watt driver. But I can't remember the frequency. The inductor stickers are long gone.

Comment

The 100 watt https://www.alibaba.com/pla/Easy-Ins...yABEgInsvD_BwE
        Drive board transducer $25.00

Here is a picture of it

https://sc04.alicdn.com/kf/Hfb8b5065...3bbe564f5L.jpg

I hope this helps you
        Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 07-03-2022, 05:54 AM.
        9 PC LCD Monitor
        6 LCD Flat Screen TV
        30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
        10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
        6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
        1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
        25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
        6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
        1 Dell Mother Board
        15 Computer Power Supply
        1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
        2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
        All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Can you post a pic of the whole unit? Sorry, I am just curious as I have one too. However mine only blew the fuse inside the socket once. Got mine now for like 4 years and still going strong.

Comment

Working...
          X