• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell Inspiron 5480 bios needed

board info:
    Bucky/BenSolo WHL/CNL MB
    TVMHG
    17859-1

i attached my backup. the unit got burned capacitors and after replacing those capacitors it powered up but only for a few seconds with no post then off... thanks
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Dell 5480 Bios need urgently

i tried with Cleaning ME instruction but with same status.. maybe the main bios need to be reflashed with a good one... anyone had a good backup?

Comment

Originally posted by salawayon View Post
        i tried with Cleaning ME instruction but with same status.. maybe the main bios need to be reflashed with a good one... anyone had a good backup?
        Try
        Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
        Become a Badcaps supporter
        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
        Thanks to all supporters.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
          Try
          it works... thank you very much for your time and effort...

Comment

Hi folks, have an ME disabled 5480 (yup! Apparently you can order them like that) - which I need the admin password for. Unsure if the ME disablement will be a problem and the reason the uploads that I've tried from this thread not working. I have now end-up restoring my original bin as I get the fan, power-up dead screen, but really need to get rid of the pesky admin password.

Is the password held within a fixed offset like my HP Zbooks are, that I can null out?

I've tried to locate the offending offset by comparing versions posted here with mine, but the offsets for fixed regions of the BIOS appear to differ from the start.

Here's my BIOS main anyway, if anyone could take a mooch.

Attached Files
            Last edited by desmobob; 03-24-2022, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Thanks Lucky12

Comment

Originally posted by desmobob View Post
                Hi folks, have an ME disabled 5480 (yup! Apparently you can order them like that) - which I need the admin password for. Unsure if the ME disablement will be a problem and the reason the uploads that I've tried from this thread not working. I have now end-up restoring my original bin as I get the fan, power-up dead screen, but really need to get rid of the pesky admin password.

Is the password held within a fixed offset like my HP Zbooks are, that I can null out?

I've tried to locate the offending offset by comparing versions posted here with mine, but the offsets for fixed regions of the BIOS appear to differ from the start.

Here's my BIOS main anyway, if anyone could take a mooch.

https://beta.bios-pw.org/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

can some kind person remove bios password lat 5480 please let me no what info you need
                  st 12DNWT2
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by richardsmr View Post
                    can some kind person remove bios password lat 5480 please let me no what info you need
                    st 12DNWT2
                    Here you are
                    Master pass:
                    Ryr2M3IEQQZ64zGP
                    XUzB3mZMQGG86rk8
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Vesko356; 05-17-2022, 05:06 AM.
                    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

worked a treat thankyou

Comment

my laptop fixed with the file that Murtaza527 has posted.

but the only problem i have with it, is that the lan(ethernet) doesnt work

the system tells my identifing, the leds on the lan port are on,
                        but no internet connection

i dont have a orig backup, because i got the laptop as broken (it turn of, and off after few seconds) and after flashing this file the machine is up and running

hope someone can fix the lan issue in the file

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...17&postcount=9
                        Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-25-2022, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Verlengsnoer View Post
                          my laptop fixed with the file that Murtaza527 has posted.

but the only problem i have with it, is that the lan(ethernet) doesnt work
                          There is no need to attach the same bios thats at post #9 all you had to do was post the link to it...

Whats your service tag ?
                          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

There is one more bios chip U7205 Size 1024kb In 17859-1 DELL 5480 Any have working bios please share
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by chhabi kenwat View Post
                              There is one more bios chip U7205 Size 1024kb In 17859-1 DELL 5480 Any have working bios please share
                              This is not a bios chip (I don't know what it is). Your bios chip usually has codes as 25Q64..., 25Q128..., 25Q256..., 25Q512... Find it, read it, make a backup and upload it here.

Comment

I also don't know about this but i think this is a bios chip i have backup and check datasheet pdf file https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...744336155e.pdf
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by chhabi kenwat; 09-29-2022, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chhabi kenwat View Post
                                  I also don't know about this but i think this is a bios chip i have backup and check datasheet pdf file https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...744336155e.pdf
                                  No, this is definitely not a chip that contains a bios file, this model has a 16MB bios so please find a chip with code 25Q128...The chip you uploaded may be the firmware of Thunderbolt.
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by hoaca388; 09-29-2022, 11:05 AM.

Comment

HELLO
                                    PLS ANYONE HELP ME TO UNLOCK MY DELL 5480 I5 7The FLTMYM2
                                    Attached Files

Comment

All is ok thx all

Comment

Hello Sir

Can you remove password from this dump
                                        5480 cmd70-la-e081p rev 2.0
                                        Regards Chris
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rickjansen01 View Post
                                          Hello Sir

Can you remove password from this dump
                                          5480 cmd70-la-e081p rev 2.0
                                          Regards Chris
                                          What's your suffix ?

Comment

Working...
                                          X