Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netgear = By far the most horrible support ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Netgear = By far the most horrible support ever!

i like that it says HP

none of that "keysite" / "agilent" bullshit.

now lets see inside the netgear - see if it has vented some shit caps!

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
      i like that it says HP

none of that "keysite" / "agilent" bullshit.

now lets see inside the netgear - see if it has vented some shit caps!
      Will do. Autopsy coming up.
      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
      Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
      http://folding.stanford.edu/
      Team : 49813
      Join in!!
      Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
        Netgear can go piss up a rope....replaced the POE switch with this:

New HP 2520-8 POE switch. 10/100 is all I need, the cameras are only 100-base anyway....does just fine....and YAY, the cameras are working again!!
        Good for you. If enough people took your course of action, then either netgear would change or they would be out of business. It is called people power.

Comment

Originally posted by redwire View Post
          The big brick 48V 1.75A 84W hopefully runs cool.
          It runs very warm, but not hot.....but the other day I did notice that it's making some unpleasant noises; kind of a 'crackling' sound...but seem stable. There are 6 cameras powered by POE @ ~10w ea, which would put it ~60W + whatever the switch overhead is...I think it's a bit overwhelmed. If I back a couple of the cameras off, it quiets down....so I don't think it's very happy with this arrangement. I ordered a 350w 48v open frame PSU that will replace this.

stj, I did autopy the old netgear, no *visibly* bad caps on either the mainboard or the power supply. I took some pics but forgot to dump the camera.
          <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
          Team Stats

Comment

The autopsy....

No visibly failed caps.

The PSU, built by Delta....Cap quality is good; Rubycon & UCC. PSU is rated @ 50v, and was steady at 49.8 with or without a load. Outputs were clean on the scope.

Piece of shit....by a shit company.

Attached Files
            <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
            Team Stats

Comment

50V psu? that could come in handy!!

Comment

50V psu? that could come in handy!!
                Indeed. I will not scrap it.
                <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                Team Stats

Comment

Indeed. I will not scrap it.
                  Delta is/was always OK, at least when not "strongarmed" into cheap caps. Dell-OLOL!
                  "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
                  Originally posted by shango066
                  All style and no substance.
                  Originally posted by smashstuff30
                  guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
                  guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

Originally posted by kaboom View Post
                    Delta is/was always OK, at least when not "strongarmed" into cheap caps. Dell-OLOL!
                    This one was of the better....good caps and clean outputs... The reason I put it back in the box and put it in the storage room rather than the e-waste bin....
                    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                    Team Stats

Comment

My advice is to buy Mikrotik equipment. Not only there are plenty of options, but I never had issues with warranty.
                      Anyway, I think that it can be fixed. Usually it is issue with the switch chip. But for all ports to die simultaneously - strange.
                      Last edited by televizora; 08-20-2022, 03:18 AM.
                      Useful conversions. I don't "speak" imperial. Please use metric, if you want to address me.
                      1km=1000m=100000cm, 1inch=2.54cm, 1mile=1609.344meters, 1ft=30.48cm 1gal(US)=3.785liters, 1lb=453grams, 1oz=28.34grams

Comment

it's a "managed" device, if the mcu fails or it's bios gets corrupt then it wont run
                        corrupt 8pin bios wouldnt surprise me.

Comment

NETGEAR

Word to the wise, avoid Netgear at all costs....spend a couple bucks more for the Cisco.
                          Can I ask you where you bought it from because I want to see if it this new crap about only certain company’s can handle there products under warranty and it depends on where you bought the product from

Because I also have NETGEAR router but mine seems to fail after the warranty has expired

Because I have seen this with Milwaukee has done this crap now which was never this way until recently

I have a drill that I bought from Home Depot and I took it to the Milwaukee service center to get repaired and the first question that was asked was did you buy it from at Home Depot because now the serial number shows where it was bought from

Milwaukee service center can and sell Milwaukee products but there is a catch not all models are available because what you see at Home Depot is not available at the Milwaukee service center and the the same holds true the other way around as well

Milwaukee service centers no longer service Home Depot bought products dose not matter that you have a sale slip no warranty when you buy it from Home Depot you have to buy the extend warranty which means that you get a new one ( the term consumables has also changed more items are in this list that was not there before )

I would highly recommend that when ever you buy a product now that you first find out where you can get the warranty service done and dose make a difference where you bought it from because I do not understand what this crap is all about
                          ( if it you want it repaired under warranty highly recommended that you check first )

One note if more companies are going to do this crap and not really have warranty anymore when bought at certain retailers then these products need to come down in price and you should be told that if you buy this product from us you have no warranty so we can be informed

I probably should not have been ranting and raving about this crap on this post but this is nothing but crap
                          Please excuse me for this if it was unacceptable
                          Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 08-20-2022, 06:16 AM.
                          9 PC LCD Monitor
                          6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                          30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
                          10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
                          6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
                          1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
                          25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
                          6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
                          1 Dell Mother Board
                          15 Computer Power Supply
                          1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
                          2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
                          All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

buy cheap shit from china, the warranty is the same obviously - so why pay for a name?
                            if the big-names want to fuck around then let them die.

Comment

Will do. Autopsy coming up.
                              I also want to see this as well
                              9 PC LCD Monitor
                              6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                              1 Dell Mother Board
                              15 Computer Power Supply

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

Comment

buy cheap shit from china, the warranty is the same obviously - so why pay for a name?
                                if the big-names want to fuck around then let them die.
                                I could not agree with you more about this
                                9 PC LCD Monitor
                                6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                                1 Dell Mother Board
                                15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

I have a question might not be related to this post but has Best Buy started doing this crap as well I only once in a while buy anything from them if I am going to buy something from them I going to find out how there warranty work on what ever item I buy from now on
                                  9 PC LCD Monitor
                                  6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                                  1 Dell Mother Board
                                  15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Make products extra cheap
                                    Warranty claims go up
                                    Profits go down
                                    Make warranty claims harder or impossible for consumers
                                    Warranty claims go down
                                    Profits go up

This is the latest scumbag MBA method to get their bonus.

No mention of the warranty period on BestBuy's website, or Netgear or their user manuals or brochure, or Amazon listings etc.
                                    "Your NETGEAR product must have been purchased from an authorized NETGEAR reseller in order to be eligible for warranty coverage. "
                                    "To receive warranty entitlement for your NETGEAR Business products, you MUST register your product." What about home stuff? What about purchases from Dell, Newegg etc.?
                                    Netgear website shows a BestBuy, Walmart, Amazon, Target etc. icon to hint they are "authorized" resellers but there is no list or anything formal.
                                    It's just fuckery to get you to buy an extended warranty. A company screwing consumers this hard will never make a decent product in the first place.

Comment

I guess no one is making a good product anymore very sad state of affairs really
                                      9 PC LCD Monitor
                                      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                                      1 Dell Mother Board
                                      15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
                                        Can I ask you where you bought it from because I want to see if it this new crap about only certain company’s can handle there products under warranty and it depends on where you bought the product from
                                        It was a reputable vendor from Ebay; unit was new in box, seals not broken....

For a warranty covering HARDWARE, where it came from is irrelevant...according to the serial number, it was under their fake 'warranty' validated through the NETGEAR WEBSITE. This was just a dickmove way for them to get out of standing behind their product.

NEVER AGAIN NETGEAR!! I actually sent a link of this thread to their warranty claim scumbag that messaged me to deny the claim....and got a reply saying my claim was being 're-evaluated'.....of course that was weeks ago and I haven't heard anything since. Liars will lie.
                                        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                                        Team Stats

Comment

well, as they may be reading this - fuck netgear!
                                          and routers dont need to use a "cloud" to administer the settings either!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X