Protect gpu or Core before working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protect gpu or Core before working

Now I write this article just to remind you new to fixing graphics cards!

Attention! GPUs that chip corners, edges, or cracks are almost 90% dead. Please take double-sided tape with bearing properties and stick it on the gpu, as in the pictures I have listed the voltage levels. Just stick it on and you have protected the gpu, sometimes when you flip it up and down accidentally or don't know if you hit a screw or capacitor or other solid object, causing broken face the gpu to chip.

Before measuring, please check if the gpu is not broken face first and then do it.
    PC work for schemaltic:
    Mainboard: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4
    CPU: I3-3240
    Ram: 16Gb
    Graphic Card: GTX 1050Ti zotac 4Gb Mini
    SSD: 120Gb
    HDD: 2Tb

Re: Protect gpu or Core before working

STOP SPAMMING EVERY THREAD

i repair graphics 5years and NOT EVEN ONE have been damaged. even without your masking

u know why? because it have connectors plate that would not alow it
    Last edited by ktmmotocross; 07-14-2022, 04:09 PM.

Comment

I'm just saying what I've encountered. but i have also repaired the card for 5 years but i don't join this forum. if you say i spam then. From now on I will not share anything.
      PC work for schemaltic:
      Mainboard: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4
      CPU: I3-3240
      Ram: 16Gb
      Graphic Card: GTX 1050Ti zotac 4Gb Mini
      SSD: 120Gb
      HDD: 2Tb

Comment

Originally posted by ductranvinh@gmail.com View Post
        Now I write this article just to remind you new to fixing graphics cards!
        I agree it should always be protected.The same goes for laptop motherboards, ive seen plenty with scratched and chipped dies,ususally the damage is done by removing and fastening the heatsink screws unevenly
        Last edited by SMDFlea; 07-15-2022, 12:22 PM.
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

15years of laptop repair and this have NEVER happend even once to me

ofcourse i see chipped dies, but not by me. it cannot happend because cooler is so wide that u cannot get angle to chip die. same with gpu cooler.

how u can unevenly tighten the screws? cooler screws is tightend to max. so u tighten one screw, then another. u can even not use scrw sequence

so tell me how can unevenly tighten screws chip the die?
          Last edited by ktmmotocross; 07-15-2022, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X