Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo Y410P No Power Issue

Motherboard number VIQY0 NM-A031 REV 1.0

on second mosfet PQ302 pin 1-4 got 19v but pin 5-8 only 0.7v and replace new mosfet also same...
    i try to jumper wire on pin 4 & 8 and laptop can turn on normally but after few days it happen again and jumper wire is broken split into 2

now i try to jumper again and laptop can turn back on but i want to confirm what possible could be the problem? please help
    Attached Files

Re: Lenovo Y410P No Power Issue

Originally posted by dqtech View Post

Motherboard number VIQY0 NM-A031 REV 1.0

on second mosfet PQ302 pin 1-4 got 19v but pin 5-8 only 0.7v and replace new mosfet also same...
    i try to jumper wire on pin 4 & 8 and laptop can turn on normally but after few days it happen again and jumper wire is broken split into 2

now i try to jumper again and laptop can turn back on but i want to confirm what possible could be the problem? please help
    Beginner's guidelines
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88758

Originally posted by piernov View Post
    2. What not to do

2.6. Never randomly bridge MOSFETs/fuse/components
    Bridging components can easily lead to the destruction of the board without any way to repair it.
    If it's a fuse, replace it with a matching fuse. If you don't, it will not be able to protect the board and if the source of the problem is still there, some other component will go up in flames.
    If it's a MOSFET, its purpose is to stop current from flowing through it when turned off, and allow current to flow through it when turned on. It's not necessarily always turned on, otherwise it wouldn't be there. If it's turned off when it shouldn't be, then there is an issue elsewhere in the circuit, bridging the MOSFET won't solve it.
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Working...
    X