Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SAMSUNG S22A300N - Dead, no sign of life.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAMSUNG S22A300N - Dead, no sign of life.

Hi,

I have an old Samsung S22A300N monitor showing no signs of life when plugged in. I'd like to try to run it.

Motherboard - BN41-01592D (2011.04.19) REV NO: MP 1.0

As I wrote above - the monitor completely does not respond to the power supply. What I know and may or may not be useful:
    - damaged power socket but it's not a problem if you can buy one
    - power supply rather functional - 14V at the output
    - fuse F801 is OK
    - the 9997GH transistor gets a full 14V on the drain, the gate and the source = 0V
    - no power to flash memory
    - after supplying power from the workshop power supply, the board itself does not consume any current, but after connecting the lcd screen (LTM215HT04) something as if it wanted to start because the current jumps in the loop 430mA-385mA-288mA and again 430mA-385mA-288mA and so on and on. At the same time, I felt the heating of the voltage regulator in the screen electronics itself, IC4 - RT9164C.

At the test points I have:
    - DVDD = 3.28V
    - 3VDD = 3.28V
    - 5V = 13.78V
    - 5VDD = 13.78V

The measurement of RT9164C gives me the following results:
    - VIN = 13.8V
    - VOUT = 3.28V
    - ADJ / GND = GND

I suspect that this is why it heats up because instead of 5V, it gets almost 14V at the input.

The problem is somewhere on the motherboard which produces almost 14V instead of 5V and gives it to the LCD.
    What else can I check to help diagnose the problem?

Here is a photo of the motherboard in better quality - https://www39.zippyshare.com/v/YnHjXJfr/file.html

Re: SAMSUNG S22A300N - Dead, no sign of life.

Okay, now is the moment to conclude that the matter is not worth the time and work that must be devoted to diagnosis. I don't have the time or the will to fight this s**t anymore. The monitor goes back to where it came from - to the electro-scrap.

Comment

Re: SAMSUNG S22A300N - Dead, no sign of life.

Originally posted by bpjl View Post
      Okay, now is the moment to conclude that the matter is not worth the time and work that must be devoted to diagnosis. I don't have the time or the will to fight this s**t anymore. The monitor goes back to where it came from - to the electro-scrap.
      The maximum input voltage for the RT9164C is 15V
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Working...
      X