Clear All

Re: HP 2311F Monitor: Flashing on & off

6630a is the same pinout as the lm1117 and ams1084

Comment

copy...
      U1 is for 5V to 3.3V
      and U4 (MT1117) is for 3.3V to 1.8V
      i will check for bad joints for those 2 regulators..
      thanks..
      Attached Files

Comment

Re: HP 2311F Monitor: Flashing on & off : Solved

AX6630A was causing my display flashing on & off.
        tested it with following reading;
        U1 (pcb designation)
        AX6630
        A-33
        1021B
        pin 1 = 0 V
        pin 2 = 3.28 V
        pin 3 = 5.49 V
        IR temp reading = avg 41 deg C
        Spec states " temp shutdown at 140 C "
        i really don't understand the reason but my dummy test pointed out to U1.
        the history of this display is unknown when i got it.
        ( i have no idea how long it had been going on before.)

compatible with LM1117DT-3.3/NOPB (TO252 package).
        thanks " stj ".
        all in all, the display works fine with small copper heat sink and small 12V fan (cut and attached at back cover).
        I also peeled the board coating off till copper lines appeared.
        it took time but i thought heat transfer would be better since they looked brown. (see attached)
        small sink with thermal paste on copper lines too..
        i dont trust my soldering skill, esp SMD, so i'll leave it with fan attached at back cover.
        last but not the least, this was my case of display flashing on & off.
        i really appreciate the members of this forum for giving a hand to a noob.
        i learn a lot and hope to come up with questions, again, in the future.

sincerely yours,
        Win K. Soe
        Attached Files

Comment

A good one might handle up to 140 degrees before it melts, but the part must have been faulty.
          "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
          -David VanHorn

Comment

gagaguu, how exactly u repair this problem? can u guide me thoroughly. bcoz im pretty sure i have the exact model, exact problem like u.

Comment

Thank god i found this thread. Thanks gagaguu. I have replaced the faulty voltage regulator at U1 with LM1117DT-3.3/NOPB (TO252 package) as you instructed. And now the monitor has no flicker. Tested with 4 hour non stop gaming

Comment

Hi guys! I ask help me with firmware for this model. I have also HP2311x monitor with no start. Power supply is checked, 12v and 5v and 3.3v and 1.8 is OK! Power Led is still blinking and not start. Button "Power" is not have effect when pressed .The old firmware was be read and reprogramming in new chip 25FV020B and not succsefull. My main PWB 1389-1A, v.2.04G , processor TSUMU88MWDT3-LF-1 ,EEprom 25VF020B, led driver OZ9998LN (PWB-1411), LCD LM230WF5 (TL)(D2). Old firmware and photo see below. Sorry for bad english
                p/s/ before changing the CPU would like to eliminate the firmware problem
                Attached Files
                Last edited by ulyanoff; 10-24-2016, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by legacyhaze View Post
                  Thank god i found this thread. Thanks gagaguu. I have replaced the faulty voltage regulator at U1 with LM1117DT-3.3/NOPB (TO252 package) as you instructed. And now the monitor has no flicker. Tested with 4 hour non stop gaming
                  Special thanks to gagaguu and legacyhaze. I have the exact same monitor with the same flashing on and flashing off problem after about 30 minutes of play time. So I took out the A6630A voltage regulator and replaced with LM1117 3.3V surface mount chip.

Unlike the A6630A which has 2 legs with the middle one cut short and unsoldered, the voltage regulator that I bought has 3 legs. So I soldered all 3 legs onto the board and it worked just fine...........https://www.badcaps.net/forum/images...es/biggrin.gif

My first monitor repair. Cost is S$1.50 from Sim Lim Towers, Singapore.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I didn't have any heat sink, so I attached a copper coin on the AX6630A, my monitor works well for about 30 minutes, and it started to blink again. It ensured me that AX6630A is the main culprit of the blinking monitor.

I purchased a voltage regulator (LM1117DT-3.3/NOPB) from element14 as suggested by @gagaguu. And I replaced AX6630A with LM1117DT-3.3/NOPB in the same package TO-252.

The monitor has stopped blinking since I replaced it with the LM1117, and it has been using it for about a week.

Thanks to gagaguu, legacyhaze and cheefah@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by cheefah@gmail.com View Post
                      Special thanks to gagaguu and legacyhaze. I have the exact same monitor with the same flashing on and flashing off problem after about 30 minutes of play time. So I took out the A6630A voltage regulator and replaced with LM1117 3.3V surface mount chip.

Unlike the A6630A which has 2 legs with the middle one cut short and unsoldered, the voltage regulator that I bought has 3 legs. So I soldered all 3 legs onto the board and it worked just fine...........https://www.badcaps.net/forum/images...es/biggrin.gif

My first monitor repair. Cost is S$1.50 from Sim Lim Towers, Singapore.
                      Thanks bro, it's work

Comment

Thanks for this tip!

Comment

just to reply to say thanks to the folks and team here, my parents monitor recently have this same issues to and seems this IC after some time it will degrade, had replaced it and it was stable.

Comment

LM FAMILY IS TRUSTED IN ALL GOOD PCB I FOUND ONE
                            1117 3.3 1117 1.8 1117 5 ITS SIMPLE AND FIND AT ANY WAY

WHY HP USE STUPEED UNKNOW IC I DONT KNOW
                            AND THIS IS FEED 24C0xx eEPROM IC

FIRST DUMP MEMORY (WITH CH341A)
                            BECUASE USE ANOTHER 3.3 MAY BE DAMMAGE EEPROM

Comment

I have seen PCB like this in Philips monitor. Check the voltages of the two Voltage Regulators on the MainPCB. If defective, they don't provide required voltages to the Processor and the monitor turns on and off or the picture flickers.
                              You will not find exactly this Voltage regulators, but you can replace them with LM series.
                              I repaired Philips monitor with exactly the same symptoms and behaviour and similarly looking MainPCB.
                              Last edited by televizora; 01-01-2021, 10:42 AM.
                              Useful conversions. I don't "speak" imperial. Please use metric, if you want to address me.
                              1km=1000m=100000cm, 1inch=2.54cm, 1mile=1609.344meters, 1ft=30.48cm 1gal(US)=3.785liters, 1lb=453grams, 1oz=28.34grams

Comment

FIRST YOUR FILE IS NOT WORK
                                SECOND MY CPU ALSO LED GREEN AND YELOW GONE
                                JUST FIRST RESOLDR ALL PIN
                                SECOND PASE ERASE ALL YOUR FILE AND SHARE THIS
                                https://www.mediafire.com/file/mjaud..._or_x.rar/file

Comment

Can I use AMS1117-3.3 to replace AX6630A?

Comment

Working...
                                  X