WACOM CINTIQ 24HD DTK-2400 no power.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WACOM CINTIQ 24HD DTK-2400 no power.

hello I have a Cintiq 24 hd dtk 2400 manufactured aug 2011.

it has no power. Tested with known good power bricks. The green light on the power brick dims when connected to the Cintiq. this is a WACOM display that takes pen input for illustration and the like.

I dissembled it and located the power input board and noticed a heat damaged component. (see pic)
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/87cwnc1mc8Yd1zES9

it is labeled
    FR5305
    I*R 049P
    ZD 85
    I did an ebay search for the power input board with no luck. So then I searched for the burnt component, the first row of numbers had multiple matches but not with the rest of the numbers.

My rookie question is; can I replace the burnt component with one that just matches the top row of numbers? FR5305

Thanks any help will be much apreaciated.

Also I looking for the power board I came across a reddit of a picture of the same power input board with the same burnt component but much more burnt that mine
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/dR4LzXky6EQQUTBMA

(it appears the pic didn't load I liked them with google photos I don't know what went wrong, so I added a direct link )
    Last edited by SONY_E-WASTER; 02-02-2022, 06:51 PM. Reason: more info

Re: WACOM CINTIQ 24HD DTK-2400 no power.

Yes, if you are sure that the mosfet is burned out, then change it to FR5305, do not pay attention to other letters and numbers - this is a data code, and also check the fuse for 5a.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for letting me know about the data codes, I've been wondering about matching ALL the numbers on other burt mosfets and the tip about the fuse.

Also if do replace the mosfet, should I add a heatsink to the upper part? or maybe stand it up and add a heat sink top the metal back for more heat distribution? I think the back part distributes heat back to the power input board, but it doesn't seem to help cool it much. I have another one of these wacoms same model made in 2012 (one year later) and the power input board and big power board it attaches to were totally redesigned with MUCH bigger components.
      Last edited by SONY_E-WASTER; 02-03-2022, 12:38 PM.

Comment

I know this is a rather old post... but I'm wondering if there is any new information available on this? I recently purchased an old DTK-2400/K that didn't have a power supply. I purchased a new 3rd party replacement off Amazon and it wouldn't power up. When plugged in, the little blue light on the PS dims, but the Cintiq doesn't show any signs of life. I took it apart to inspect the Power Board and it doesn't look damaged like the ones referenced in this post. So I'm wondering if any of you have any documentation on what the voltages are supposed to be on the output pins of the Power Board so I can confirm it works (or not). I contacted Wacom support directly and they don't have anything to offer

Comment

Ok, so I measured the voltage on the output pins of the power board hoping to compare with anyone in the Internet world to see if mine are correct. The Green, Yellow & Orange all have 52.6v while the rest (Red, Brown & Black) have zero volts.

Does anyone happen to know what they should be or how I can find out?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X