AOC Q3279VWF, distorded image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AOC Q3279VWF, distorded image

I open another thread as the title to original is now misleading.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=92372

So I originally received this monitor without power and after finding that the main board was burnt damaged (probably by lightning) in VGA and HDMI ports I replaced it and now I do have picture but distorted as in pictures attached.

I took some voltage measurements on the TCON board and they are:

VIN: 12.75V when ribbon cables of panel are connected. 11.75V when disconnected
    VGH: 29.7V
    VGL: -7.3V
    VCOM: 6.3V
    AVDD: 15.63v (15.83V when disconnected)

VDD: going up to 3.25V then dropping to 0 and back again in a loop. This happens with or without the ribbon cables of the panel connected.

I am wondering if there's another problem with the main board I received, the TCON board or the panel, although I doubt it's the panel since VDD fluctuates even without the panel connected.
    Attached Files

Re: AOC Q3279VWF, distorded image

While the monitor is on I checked with my finger and found out IC301 in red circle is getting fast too hot so I guess it's shorted. The thing is I cannot find anything by searching iML 8940. If this the DC-DC converter can I change with another one maybe?
    Attached Files

Comment

Display ASSP Family

Here the replacement will not work, it is programmed and controlled by the I2C bus. If the problem is in it, then you need to look for a donor with a broken matrix and transplant this chip. But maybe the problem is not in it, but in the ceramic capacitors at the outputs or in the panel itself.

I didn’t notice that this chip is on the T-CON board, I thought on the bar of the matrix itself, then you need to look for the same T-CON and from the same matrix.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by lotas; 02-22-2022, 04:07 PM.

Comment

With both original T-Con and replacement it does the same thing.
        Its funny that the image is “somehow correct”, it just doesnt interpolate right.
        It's like every odd number of pixel columns is displayed correctly and every even number of pixel columns is moved like a clone of the display.

In the link there's a video I took of how it shows stuff on screen.
        https://we.tl/t-FRJEmqvbxp

Comment

Working...
        X