7inch Digital Microscope DM9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7inch Digital Microscope DM9

I have broke the LCD on my microscope and cannot find a replacement for it.
    Model # DM9
    LCD screen: GL070001-D3(ML) 2020-11-07
    On the ribbon: 070041AB-50
    Can anybody help me to locate this screen I have been trying for awhile now without any luck.
    Attached Files

Re: 7inch Digital Microscope DM9

Choose from this series
    AT070TN92 ,AT070TN94, AT070TN90.

Comment

Thanks for your answer.
      But how sure you are it would be compatible with the DM9.
      See in the meantime I have rushed and already order "710DC SE LCD Display Matrix 50pin LCD Display Screen" from AliExpress and it is not working. My mistake I should wait little longer.
      Well my dilemma is after wasting $30.00 I do not want to waist more on this Chinese junk when I can get the same complete set for less than $ 100.00 especially when I took it apart and see how cheep it is made inside.
      Oh I did priced out your recommended screen and cheapest one from those 3 options would cost me minimum $40.00.
      So if you 100% right I would save $30.00 at the end.

Comment

According to the pinout of the cable, they are the same, the difference is the thickness (3mm and 5 mm), 5mm has more brightness and the length of the cable.

AT070TN90 (short cable/3.5mm thickness/brightness 250)
        AT070TN92 V.X (short cable/5.5mm thickness/brightness 400)
        AT070TN92 (long cable/5.5mm thickness/brightness 250)
        AT070TN93 (long cable/3.5mm thick/brightness 250)
        AT070TN94 (long cable/5.5mm thickness/brightness 400)
        Last edited by lotas; 10-10-2022, 01:03 PM.

Comment

I do know it is 50pin and thickness, but not all are used entering the screen. That where the problem is I think with the screen I got from AliExpress.
          Here are some pics from the board that should make more sense I hope
          Attached Files

Comment

Well, the one you are looking for matches the number.
            https://aliexpress.ru/item/400115395...00014915095670

Or did you have a different one?

And your display broke, how to understand, it crashed or simply stopped showing (the backlight is on, but there is no image or just a black screen?
            Last edited by lotas; 10-10-2022, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Well that is exactly the one I have got and it is from the same seller as well. If you look in his customer reviews you can see for your self it is me and my photos posted of the original screen what is broken and I need. Well he promised to look for me too, but I do not hold my hopes up, because I did give him 5 stars already and not open a case. Maybe he did send me a wrong or faulty one.
              The one I got there is no sticker on the ribbon at all, but the ribbon looks close enough.
              There are no close up off his photos as well and that does not help either.

Comment

Now I understand, so what happened to your display on the microscope?

Comment

When boots up the screen goes white only. Exactly let say half of the screen and repeat same white thing over and over. No picture at all.
                  First I have reset the ribbon without any luck.
                  It looks to me same when I use to try a different screen on the laptops until I find one that worked and was compatible with the specific laptop.
                  Same ribbon, but different LCD or LED number and sometimes I got lucky that is why I think it is happening in this case

Comment

Well, a white screen does not mean that the problem may be in the screen itself, it may also be a problem in the motherboard, check the supply voltages that are supplied to the display, here is the datasheet for AT070TN94, orient yourself by it. Or maybe the firmware has crashed.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Well that would make sense, but when I plug in the broken screen I see boot screen with broken picture. It is like we always see the display on broken laptops.

Comment

And, well, if you see an image on a non-working display, then either the display itself is not working (marriage) or the resolution does not match or the pinout does not match (which is unlikely). Does the broken display have a broken screen or does it show as if it were artifacts?

Comment

I broke the screen by an object it was an accident for sure.
                          What you suggesting that I might got a faulty replacement screen? I do not think so.
                          I lean more to a not compatible screen what I got, because when I compare the ribbon cables by the screen the leads do not mach at all between them two.
                          That is why I did not complained to the seller I was convinced then that I order a wrong screen not a comparable screen.

Comment

I'm not sure that the screen may not be 100% correct, but there are times when the screen itself is not fixed (when transporting or pressing at the bottom, the crystal under the metal screen where the cable enters can crack and then there will be a white screen. Something like this.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by lotas; 10-10-2022, 04:56 PM.

Comment

I know that happened more on TV screens a lot. Actually I have fixed some, but usually with only a temporary solutions.
                              In my case it did not do anything.
                              The news is I know the seller who ask for the original screen pics and promised to find me a correct one have seen them now, but have not reply yet.
                              I will post if there is an update.

Comment

I have an answer from aliexpress seller finally he seen the pics and it is what I suspected that he cannot find the screen I need.
                                But there is always a but I have contacted the seller on E bay I have bought the Microscope from and he is looking too.
                                Last question from him was to boot up the microscope and tell him what version it is. Really how I can see anything on a broken screen.
                                Only thing I did send him Motherboard number:
                                DM9-5247-V3.0 20201019.
                                Hope that will do the trick, but there is a but again I do not hold my breath.
                                Now for me it is more like a mission if it is possible to locate this screen and fix this junk. I did not even liked the microscope that much.
                                Did helped I must admit, but it is not as good that i have expected.

Comment

I have an update from a E bay seller follow with a question. This is his replay:

Dear Sir.
                                  You need to replace the part as shown in the picture. Once it is installed, I will send you the new program and you should be able to use it normally after reinstalling the program.(A new program must be installed to use it. So please don't turn on first after you replace the screen)
                                  I calculated the cost of the parts and shipping, and the total cost is 25 USD.
                                  If you need it, you can buy it through this link.
                                  https://www.ebay.com/itm/275500765127

Why this screen would work and why do I have to update the program which I guess would be a firmware?
                                  I did not give up, but now it is maybe a time to quit.
                                  Well already spend around $ 30.00 Canadian wrong screen now maybe another $40.00 Canadian and flash the board that I have no guarantee when I can buy this junk for around $ 90.00
                                  I do not think it is worth when I did not even liked the microscope that much.
                                  Maybe look for something else? Any takers for a decent microscope that doesn't brake the bank.

Comment

It’s either an investment into learning or a new toy. Take your pic. Cameras these days get better and better within a few years. If you were not happy with the picture quality first place, well here you go…
                                    If you spend $90 to fix something while you can get for the same money a new one… well, that is learning money. You probably won’t do that again.

Comment

Working...
                                    X