Palit RTX2060 Odd Startup Behaviour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Palit RTX2060 Odd Startup Behaviour

Hopefully this is an easy one, I just don't understand what is going on.

Got a faulty Palit RTX 2060, had a shorted DrMos and a blown fuse. Replaced both and the card boot and runs fine. Stress testing is fine.

The only issue I have is when I plug the card into my test rig, on first boot it is never detected. The VGA LED never goes out. If i power down using the power button, not the PSU, the test rig powers down then a second later starts up itself and boots fine. Card is detected and works perfectly.

I think the issue is to do with the PEX reset, when the card is not recognised the core is not warm, I get 1.8v on the output of the PEX Reset AND gate.

Can anyone help please?

Re: Palit RTX2060 Odd Startup Behaviour

Replaced the AND gate on the PEX RST and behaviour is still the same.

Began wondering if the BIOS might be the issue but ran into a bit of an odd situation.

The core on this RTX 2060 is a TU-104, from a quick look about it seems this is a binned 2080 die, one that didn't make the grade as a 2080. Strange thing is I thought it was only the EVGA 2060 KO that came with this TU-104, never a Palit.

Not sure if putting a new firmware on it is too risky, kinda feels like it is.

Still trying to solve the start up issue but quite lost now.

Any ideas welcomed.

Comment

Re: Palit RTX2060 Odd Startup Behaviour

I've discovered that VCORE is not starting on first boot, if i power off using the power button a second later the pc boots again itself and VCORE and PEX appear. If I leave the pc in the VGA detected state for a minute the pc will not power off with the power button unless I hold it for 4 seconds. Effectively forcing the pc to shutdown. It does not then boot and run itself.

Does anyone recognise this behaviour, the pc starting itself after a failed start and soft power off?

Comment

Working...
      X