TV Toshiba 46TL938 - backlight only/green power light

Hello,

I am looking for a Toshiba TV expert for a repair on a Toshiba 46TL938 TV

Here are the full tests:

- Connecting the TV to the power
    - The TV turns on automatically without logo only the backlight works
    - LED on the front of the screen power green
    - TV controls (Power/VOL/Menu/Source) not responsive
    - Commands with the remote do not react (remote works on another TV)
    - Cover removal

After about 1 minute when connecting the TV to the mains, there is an LED on the motherboard (PE1091) which flashes green 3 times in a row with a pause, then it repeats

Impossible to find the error code concerning this led/diode on the motherboard of the TV. (Please note that I am talking about the diode on the electronic circuit of the motherboard and not the LED on the front of the TV)

Any idea ?

Attached Files

Re: TV Toshiba 46TL938 - backlight only/green power light

firmware issue.. flash any firmware of yours set which should had 3 files in the forum we do have.

Comment

firmware problem
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your answer, the flash goes by USB key? what is the procedure knowing that the buttons on the tv + remote control do not react
        I extracted the files on a USB key and I inserted this key in USB port 1, but no improvement
        Last edited by Kurtix; 11-24-2022, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Sorry. Bad post.
          Last edited by yokoono; 11-24-2022, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurtix View Post
            Thank you for your answer, the flash goes by USB key? what is the procedure knowing that the buttons on the tv + remote control do not react
            I extracted the files on a USB key and I inserted this key in USB port 1, but no improvement
            The above zip with firmware is for the programmer.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
              The above zip with firmware is for the programmer.
              I don't have a programmer, is it possible to do a repair via usb? otherwise I'm going to buy a new motherboard unless a member guides me to buy a programmer but it seems to me that I need equipment to do the soldering afterwards?

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                firmware issue.. flash any firmware of yours set which should had 3 files in the forum we do have.
                The 3 files is : "Mb95_en.bin", "mboot.bin" et "usb_auto_update_T4.txt". ?
                Where i find this for my tv model ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kurtix View Post
                  The 3 files is : "Mb95_en.bin", "mboot.bin" et "usb_auto_update_T4.txt". ?
                  Where i find this for my tv model ?
                  edit...: i removed the file because its for TL9xx series not as yours TL8
                  you need to write down yours MB label.

edit 2

if yours TL9 then okay... flash mboot and mfc at once... i thought yours tl838..lol
                  here are the files
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Diah; 11-24-2022, 10:27 AM.

Comment

edit...: i removed the file because its for TL9xx series not as yours TL8
                    you need to write down yours MB label.

edit 2

if yours TL9 then okay... flash mboot and mfc at once... i thought yours tl838..lol
                    here are the files
                    Model TV is : 46TL938

I tried with your files, I took a FAT32/16Go usb key that I inserted into the USB2 socket
                    I now have the two LEDs on the front of the TV which light up (power + recording) before I only had one (power)
                    The led on the mainboard flashes differently 1 continuous flash.

When I plug the USB key into the USB1 socket I find the symptom of the beginning

I tried to press the OK button on the remote but no reaction.

Is there a file "INIT CLEAR" potentially missing in the archive?
                    Last edited by Kurtix; 11-24-2022, 12:31 PM.

Comment

use only the usb port on the side very down.
                      you plug the stick at the mentioned usb port.. and just plug the tv at wall socket... don't push any on Tv or RC. when it reboot self.. u can take the stick fast to avoid write the file again

Comment

use only the usb port on the side very down.
                        you plug the stick at the mentioned usb port.. and just plug the tv at wall socket... don't push any on Tv or RC. when it reboot self.. u can take the stick fast to avoid write the file again
                        I tried, I now have the led of the mainboard which flashes continuously slowly, nothing on the screen except the backlight, 2 leds in front of the TV.

Is there a file missing in the archive? the INIT_CLEAR.bin? Video :
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Kurtix; 11-24-2022, 12:45 PM.

Comment

1- rename all files z01 z02 z03 by deleting the last .zip . i just add it in order to the upload accept it.

2- start the extract from file 40TL938X_748304_INIT_CLEAR.zip

3- you will have one file in name 40TL938X_748304_INIT_CLEAR.bin

4 rename the file 40TL938X_748304_INIT_CLEAR.bin to 46TL938X_748304_INIT_CLEAR.bin. and replace the letter X with yours Panel Code. it could be A or C or K you find it on the lable on chassis or the back cover.

put the 2 file you download before ( MFC & MBOOT with this one all together on usb and do the flash of firmware it will reboot once then flashing the INIT_Clear
                          Attached Files

Comment

With the file on USB:
                            - TL_MBOOT_545609.bin + TL_MFC_246009.bin : Two led on the front + Only Backlight + Mainboard blink 3 seconds continue + pause + 3 seconds continue + pause.

With the file on USB :
                            - 46TL938F_748304_INIT_CLEAR.bin or 46TL938F_748304_WOAP.bin : One led on the front + only backlight + mainboard led blinks continuously

With the file on USB:
                            - TL_MBOOT_545609.bin + TL_MFC_246009.bin + 46TL938F_748304_INIT_CLEAR.bin : Two led on the front + Only Backlight + Mainboard blink 3 second continue + pause + 3 second continue + pause.

Without USB : One led on the front + only backlight + mainboard led 3 blinks/pause/3 blinks/pause
                            Last edited by Kurtix; 11-24-2022, 02:13 PM.

Comment

WOAP.bin when we rename it in place of INIT_CLEAR.bin mean format / delete all include MBOOT & MFC. i didnt write this to you why you do it !!!!

yours Panel code F !!?? this is the first time i know there are F... Toshiba build in only A /C /K

Comment

WOAP.bin when we rename it in place of INIT_CLEAR.bin mean format / delete all include MBOOT & MFC. i didnt write this to you why you do it !!!!

yours Panel code F !!?? this is the first time i know there are F... Toshiba build in only A /C /K
                                Sorry my panel code is K

I try this - Result : 2 led in front + only backlight + mainboard blink 3seconds/pause/3seconds/pause
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Kurtix; 11-24-2022, 03:03 PM.

Comment

replace MB or packing it . u have BGA. however this never happen on toshiba TL series ..
                                  you can upgrade your TV MB with other like 936 so u have sat too.

Comment

replace MB or packing it . u have BGA. however this never happen on toshiba TL series ..
                                    you can upgrade your TV MB with other like 936 so u have sat too.
                                    Thank you, I bought a new MB on Ebay for 35€
                                    Thanks for your help, I'll try again tomorrow.

Comment

I received and installed the new motherboard, this did not solve the problem

Symptom : Backlight OK - NO LOGO - Green LED POWER - 3 blink/pause on motherboard - TV controls (Power/VOL/Menu/Source) not responsive

Comment

check supply voltage fluctuating from smps .try changing capacitors specially with brown jackets.

Comment

Working...
                                        X