Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UN60D8000YFXZC Samsung - not powering ON

Hello all,
    I have this TV for 10 years now, it worked with no issues until a week ago when, after turning it ON, it turned itself OFF, after running for ~10 seconds and it gave me the smell of "electric fire"! I unplugged it from power, removed the back cover and found a "fried" chip, IC1402, on the main board. Removed it from the board, and replaced it with a new one from DigiKey.
    Unplugged all the cables connecting the main board to PSU, powered the TV ON by plugging the cable to the power and measured the voltages on the PSU power connector (backlight also lit up), and all checked out.
    Connected the 28 pins power cable to the main board, plugged the power cable and tried to power it ON with no luck. Unplugging the main board from PSU brings the PSU ON, I can hear the relay clicking also and the backlight also turns ON.
    Did a bit more digging on the main board and found that IC203 seems to be shorted between pins 1 & 3. The markings on it reads GH-J2P (or at least this is what I think), and could not find out any information about it using google. My gut feel tells me that might be a voltage regulator, but I am not 100% sure.
    Anyone has any idea what IC this might be!?
    Attached Files

Re: UN60D8000YFXZC Samsung - not powering ON

is IC1402 ok? looks like something is on there.

Comment

That is the original IC1402 that I already replaced, I posted it so people could see how it "exploded"! The second picture is to show the main board code and manufacturing date.

Comment

Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-21-2022, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Those two caps, C208 and C211, are not shorted, and unfortunately I have no idea what IC 203 is!

Comment

i really appreciate your willingness to do the impossible..
            from the look of the blown Ic and yours MB just Sandwich.. how could you find all under surface are in place !!!... yours case just replace boards from my view.

Comment

^^I agree, mainboards are tough to work on.
              Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-21-2022, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Diah, you are right, it could be also a shorted trace in the sandwich, or after replacing this suspected IC, I might find something else broken. In reality it is more a challenge for me to try to fix it, buying a "second hand" board is as risky, most of these boards do not much perfectly, like different code and\or board "topology".

Comment

sami boards if same model dont worry about codes... its native Linux easily can changed to upgrade function or downgrade, just look after model.

Comment

Here is a close-up picture of IC203.
                    Attached Files

Comment

99% that your micom Weltrend (IC1204) burned out.

Comment

IC203 is a 3.3v dc converter that powers the micom, you can unsolder it (IC203) and you will also have a short circuit.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                          99% that your micom Weltrend (IC1204) burned out.
                          Thats why I replaced it.

Comment

IC203 is a 3.3v dc converter that powers the micom, you can unsolder it (IC203) and you will also have a short circuit.
                            I think I'll unsolder it to see if it is the IC203 that is shorted or the short stays with the board.
                            Last edited by MariSico; 11-21-2022, 07:49 PM.

Comment

will replacing IC1204 fix it or does he have to check anything else?

Comment

Here is an update, I have removed IC203 and the short is in the IC203. I checked the board too, no short in the area where IC203 was soldered. IC1204 is already replaced, so now I have to find a suitable replacement for IC203. Any ideas?

Comment

post #12 says its a 3.3 dc converter.
                                  Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-25-2022, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MariSico View Post
                                    Here is an update, I have removed IC203 and the short is in the IC203. I checked the board too, no short in the area where IC203 was soldered. IC1204 is already replaced, so now I have to find a suitable replacement for IC203. Any ideas?
                                    IC203 (regulator 3.3v) - you can put S-1206B33-M3T1x or UM15333S (see pinout), if you replaced IC1204 (Weltrend WT61P805), then do not forget that it still needs to be programmed using a programmer.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

IC203 (regulator 3.3v) - you can put S-1206B33-M3T1x or UM15333S (see pinout), if you replaced IC1204 (Weltrend WT61P805), then do not forget that it still needs to be programmed using a programmer.
                                      Sorry, I did not replaced IC1204, I replaced IC1402.

Comment

ok, my question would be is there a way to test IC1204 to make sure its good.

Comment

Working...
                                        X