Vizio M65-E0 not turning on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio M65-E0 not turning on

Hi, I know these TVs are common to have problems like this, but unfortunately I was not able to find repair guide for this specific model or for something with this kind of power board.

The thing is this doesn't have the 5vsb pin which is used to determine from which board the issue comes.

Everything in power and main board was inspected without any apparent problems, but haven't measured everything.

The voltages from Power to Main board are as follows:

NC = 0
    A = 0
    BL_on/off = (Some millivolts, probably considered 0)
    PS_on/off = 2.9
    Gnd = 0
    Gnd = 0
    Gnd = 0
    Gnd = 0
    18vsb1 = 18.7
    18vsb1 = 18.7
    18vsb2 = 18.7
    18vsb2 = 18.7

The only difference when Power board is not connected to Main board is that PS_on/off = 0 and BL_on/off = 0

The TV does make a click when connecting the power, but there is nothing, no led nor click when tapping the power switch

Since I couldn't find anything bad I was just trying to figure if I would need to replace the Main board vs the Power board

Re: Vizio M65-E0 not turning on

Just wanted to report in the end I bought a replacement Main board since it was the more suspicious one based on the voltage tests.

Replaced the part, forgot to recheck the voltages though since first we checked if it turned on and it did.

So TV is working as normal now, just lost all the configurations, so need to recalibrate image, etc.

Comment

Working...
    X