14" razer rz09-0195 dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14" razer rz09-0195 dead

i haven't found any short on this board but it doesn't power up and the battery doesn't charge. i've removed the two n-channel mosfets at near the charging port and they're not damaged. i can't seem find a path to ground on the pads for either of them. is this normal?

Re: 14" razer rz09-0195 dead

ive replaced a cpu vrm and now the machine will power up but does not post. only two of the four cpu voltage regulator modules have a reading. why wouldn't the other two?

Comment

Unfortunately, i think no schematic or boardview is avlbl for this model. I too got a razor notebook recently and in my case 2 fuses were blown and one vrm ic was bad all located near to onboard cpu. Dont remeber the exact names but fuses were probably named as PF suffixed with a number. Eventually after replacing all the components , it turned out to be bad cpu as well-so returned the unit to customer as unrepairable.

Comment

Yes, when one of the VRM chip dies, usually the CPU doesn't survive.
        OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

ok thanks. i'm getting 20v at the fuse for the vrm. is 20volts the voltage bus for these computers? i've never worked on anything besides apple logic board which run on a 12v rail

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
            Unfortunately, i think no schematic or boardview is avlbl for this model. I too got a razor notebook recently and in my case 2 fuses were blown and one vrm ic was bad all located near to onboard cpu. Dont remeber the exact names but fuses were probably named as PF suffixed with a number. Eventually after replacing all the components , it turned out to be bad cpu as well-so returned the unit to customer as unrepairable.
            Hi, I seem to have the same problem those 2 fuses(pf5 and pf7) are bad. I'm looking to replace those and I cannot find the values of those, do you know by any chances what values they are?

And another question can I know if the VRM chip are bad?I mesured on the pads one the fuse and I have one pad with 200Kohm and the other one 5.1ohm

Comment

Working...
            X