Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CRT Panasonic TV model TX-25T2L Service Mode (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CRT Panasonic TV model TX-25T2L Service Mode (?)

Hi guys,

I have opened the same Thread on AV Forum and they suggested asking here as I didn't sort the following issue:
    I am trying to enter in the Service Mode of a CRT Panasonic Colour TV model TX-25T2L, serial no. LE-331011 (Alpha 2 Chassis) manufactured in UK.

I tried the most common procedures for CRT Panasonic which match with the operations available on the remote control:
    set the Bass to maximum position,
    set the Treble to minimum position,
    press Vol – on the customer controls at the front of the TV, and at the same time press REVEAL (or RESET or INDEX) on the remote control
    I didn't have any luck ☹

The remote control is a replacement of the original one but is in full order working.

I hope a magician among you guys has an answer for that. Thanks!

Re: CRT Panasonic TV model TX-25T2L Service Mode (?)

Item 3 - press "F" on the TV and simultaneously " -Vol" and simultaneously "Reveal".
    Item 4 - first release the "F"

Comment

Originally posted by kasfamily View Post
      Item 3 - press "F" on the TV and simultaneously " -Vol" and simultaneously "Reveal".
      Item 4 - first release the "F"
      Hi, Thanks for your reply!
      I don't have the button "F" but just the button "N" (Normalise) which I have already tried to press with no luck.

Comment

What buttons are there on the TV itself?

Comment

Originally posted by kasfamily View Post
          What buttons are there on the TV itself?
          Please find attached a screenshot of the front panel. "Picture" is a trimmer
          Attached Files

Comment

Are you sure it has a service menu? Likely all adjustments are done by controls on the board. The TX-C84DRS uses the Alpha 2 Chassis.
            What are you trying to adjust?
            Last edited by R_J; 11-24-2022, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
              Are you sure it has a service menu? Likely all adjustments are done by controls on the board. The TX-C84DRS uses the Alpha 2 Chassis.
              What are you trying to adjust?
              Hi, if I was sure I wouldn't ask for help. Perhaps it is an old model with the trimmers inside to tweak the geometry, but I will not open it. The tv works well but I would like to be able to enter in the service mode as well.
              The model which you have mentioned is one of the latest ones. I think my one is from the 1999s.

Comment

some info there, not sure if it pertains to your model: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUEe0mkJ6TM

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                  some info there, not sure if it pertains to your model: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUEe0mkJ6TM
                  Thank you for that, but it is not that model, it is much older

Comment

I have got the info that the tv has been released in October 1991 (model TX-25T2).
                    Could be a key thing to know if the Panasonic TVs released in that period had the access to the Service from screen or not. For instance I had a Sony Crt of the same year which didn’t have the access to the Service Menu from screen so you needed to do the adjustments from the trimmers inside…

Comment

can you post a good picture of the remote control or a link to an image of it?

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                        can you post a good picture of the remote control or a link to an image of it?
                        Hi, please find attached the original remote control (as per manual) and the replacement on which I am using. Thanks
                        Attached Files

Comment

From what I remember Alpha 2 Chassis didn't have a service menu. There is a service switch but all adjustments were still done manually with test points and adjustment points on the board

Comment

PANASONIC chassis ALPHA-2
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X