Fake shit, or real thing from ebay.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake shit, or real thing from ebay.

Hello, I just received some capacitors from ebay, and I'm almost 100% sure I've got some fake shit. Attach some pictures so you can judge.
    PS: The seller informed that there was little "wear" on them.
    To me it looks like a bad copy print, and one can see the glue residue (with a fingerprint).

Re: Fake shit, or real thing from ebay.

They look sketchy to me, to say the least. Is the vent a proper Rubycon "K"? Bung looks pretty bad too. But let's get more voice in this thread (free bump - enjoy ).

Comment

That is not wear, thats a shitty print job. Look at the bottom of the label, how can you make wear marks on that? Also, the K vent? And the bung is suspicius, i have never seen a ruby with a bung like this. This is what i belive the bung should look like: http://www.retronix.com/uploads/imag...20CAPs%202.JPG
      I can put text here?!

Comment

Just my opinion but I wouldn't buy any caps from eBay. That is unless you know the seller and know the product is real. I would buy from a reputable seller. Don't forget, Badcaps sells caps!

Comment

I just took a random Rubycon cap out of my drawer of caps and it has a bung like that.
          Mine is a Rubycon WXA with a datecode of S0145, so it's a bit on the older side...

Comment

I don't know what you have there, but as far as the wear, those things look they've been banging around loose in a toolbox in the back of a car, for quite some time!

Comment

fake.

buy ebay crap, thats what you get.
              <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
              Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
              http://folding.stanford.edu/
              Team : 49813
              Join in!!
              Team Stats

Comment

Thanks everyone, I will send the seller a strict mail. And suggest that he cleans up this mess, otherwise I publish the seller's information on several forums, and post a warning to all others on eBay feedback system. Maybe I get his attention.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by twbranch View Post
                  Don't forget, Badcaps sells caps!
                  Where can i find large caps, 2200u-6800u in 50V?

Comment

In stores.

If badcaps.net doesn't stock them, try well known stores

US based:
                    * digikey.com ,
                    * mouser.com ,
                    * newark.com (farnell's site aimed for US market)

Europe/World :
                    * farnell.com ,
                    * rs-online.com ,
                    * element14.com (farnell's site for Asia and some countries not served by farnell.com)

I've used digikey, farnell and rs-online, didn't try mouser yet but lots of people use it - all of the above are reputable sources.

I sell capacitors on eBay from time to time, mostly only when I'm about to place a large order at a store like Digikey or Farnell and want to get rid of what's left from the previous large order of capacitors and other components.
                    I basically sell them at same price you'd pay in store, but when I place the new order I order 100 of each or something like that so there's some minimal profit. Even so, there's no way I'd compete with Chinese sellers that sell all kinds of fake.
                    Last edited by mariushm; 05-11-2013, 01:50 PM.

Comment

I know stores that selling. Here in norway i use Elfa. https://www.elfa.se/elfa3~eu_en
                      But they are a bit expensive.

Comment

Used Elfa a few months ago, they had free shipping over 500NOK - I normally use Rs Components, they ship their goods with DHL from Uk but they deliver quite fast.

Comment

I've seen too many fake Ruby's out of China. Your caps look like they were clear-coated or sprayed with something. The bung shouldn't have fingerprints like that.
                          One place for caps that size a surplus vendor apex-jr over on diyaudio. They are popular for audio power amps. http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/apex-jr/

Comment

Originally posted by twbranch View Post
                            Just my opinion but I wouldn't buy any caps from eBay. That is unless you know the seller and know the product is real. I would buy from a reputable seller. Don't forget, Badcaps sells caps!
                            I have sold caps on ebay before. They were all pulled off salvaged motherboards or other PCBs. I have had trouble keeping a job since 2009 (three layoffs, including one last month before Christmas), and scapping is an easy way to get some cash.

I would not buy anything from Asia, but I never sold any fakes. That said, if the seller does resolve, you should either give a trash rating or give a positive rating with a warning message.

Comment

Skip, you tell him, maybe he'll come and post reply this year!

Comment

Does it matter if they are real if they work the same.

Comment

yes, because they wont work the same in a year or 2..

Comment

not really sure..

Comment

id say they been through the washing machine my self i woundnt use them

Comment

Originally posted by SkipP View Post
                                        I have sold caps on ebay before. They were all pulled off salvaged motherboards or other PCBs. I have had trouble keeping a job since 2009 (three layoffs, including one last month before Christmas), and scapping is an easy way to get some cash.

I would not buy anything from Asia, but I never sold any fakes. That said, if the seller does resolve, you should either give a trash rating or give a positive rating with a warning message.
                                        Last time I checked you can't leave negative feedback anymore or something dumb like that.

Comment

Working...
                                        X