Samsung un70nu6900

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung un70nu6900

Hello, I recently picked up a 70 inch Samsung tv. When powered up the power light blinks twice and the LEDs flash and change brightness but then turn off and the power light blinks and the LEDs flash again. After some looking I ran across several other people that had the same issues and replaced the main and power supply board but no change. If you leave the tcon cable unplugged to the right side the tv responds normally to the remote and has sound in between the reboots. One person said that they found that if they plugged the tcon cable into the main board after it was on they got a perfect picture. I figured I'd give it a try and it worked. Stays working until you turn it off and then you have to start it by unplugging the cable and plugging it in with the tv on. I looked on eBay and I see people selling the small bios chip on the edge boards from working TV's with broken screens. I've never seen that item before. Is that a possibility and is this a normal problem for this model? I figured I would see what happens if I unsoldered the one on my tv to see if I could in the event I do order one. By the way the tv acts the same without it. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this sounds kind of rough but it's my first thread.

Scott

Re: Samsung un70nu6900

please upload focused high resolution photo of the 2 LVDS sockt on the MB so can tell where you try to mask some pins with type. to let it work.

Comment

Than you very much for the reply. Here is what I came up with. If there are any more pictures that would help please let me know.

Comment

Sorry. Working on why the pictures didn't send.

Comment

Think I got it.
          Attached Files

Comment

try masking with thin type the remarked pins after 13
            Attached Files

Comment

Unbelievable! It has a perfect picture. Can you please explain what blocking those off does? I have read about needing to block a shorted line feeding the screen but I was under the impression that leaves tiny line on the screen but not noticable. Also I unsoldered the ic chip from the edge board with the thought of replacing it with the ebay part but the tv seems fine without it. Should I leave it off? Thoughts on what it does? I am attaching a picture of the tv unfortunately it is leaning on my bench so not much of a picture until I get the back on it. Also a picture of the chip I was referring to. Thank you very much for the advice!

Scott
              Attached Files

Comment

its not the spi IC problem so no need to take it out or replace..
                CLK signal responsible on on /off. reasons are many.. so it would be good if you upload good picture on the Panel buffer boards where this LVDS connect to.. so i can explain the possibility of shut down. in general its pull currents more than MB support.

by the way you can reduce the masking line to avoid any line could seen on the screen but always the masking pins should be start with pin 14 as i marked it to you.

Comment

I had removed the ic chip with the idea of ordering the replacement but it is still removed and since the tv is working without it I plan to leave it off unless there was a reason to put it back on. I will take a picture of the buffer boards and upload it. At this time I do not notice anything wrong with the picture so I would probably leave the tape on as you described it in your first picture and post. The ic chip is taken from the 8 pads in the picture. I could solder it back on if you think I should put it back.

Scott
                  Attached Files

Comment

the spi are needed by motion on the screen displaying so put the IC back as i said it had nothings to do with the issue .. unless if you shorted it by removing .. as you can see its on the left boards and the masking was on the right buffer side..
                    at the end of this mentioned boards there are 3 ESD diodes most cases one of them get defect.. so you can notice too if one of them get warm or hot to touch.

Comment

Hello. I have placed some tape on connections 14-22 and now I get an image, however, I am getting random lines coming from the left side of the screen. Did I do too many contacts, do I need to do more??? Did you scope the signal to determine which ones where bad? Please advise.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X