Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

980Ti - White screen crashing on heavy load

Hey,
    I have a windforce 980ti that had a blown PCI connector fuse and also one of the DrMOS connected to the PCI I think for memory voltage rail was blown, so replaced that too.

Card runs fine on heaven light load. With heavy load, within 1s, i get a white screen and the pc crashes.

No other issues. No artifacts

Re: 980Ti - White screen crashing on heavy load

Same situation here. The bottom VRAM phase DrMOS was blown. I replaced it (together with two crispy 0 ohm resistors next to it and the electrolitic cap above, for good measure). I am getting white screen after around 20 seconds with medium to heavy load.

Anybody knows anything I can try?

I probed the repaired phase with a scope and all seems good.

Comment

Re: 980Ti - White screen crashing on heavy load

FIXED - the problem was a bad soldering on the bottom of the DrMOS. Low side was connected while high side wasn't. On first glance it produced a PWM signal on the input of the second phase inductor, but it obviously wasn't going to supply enough current.

Not sure why the 12V PWM signal was even there, but I guess - and please feel free to correct me - that the inductor worked in "reverse" producing spikes when lowside pulled the whole VRAM rail to ground.

Comment

Working...
      X