Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SecurityMate Model SMWMS2 Wireless Motion Sensor

Good day

I have a battery operated remote controlled wireless motion sensor that is not outputting an alarm when the unit is triggered via motion.
    It uses 3 X 1.5V AA batteries in series. When arming and disarming the unit, the piezo does beep once(armed) and beep twice(disarmed).
    When measuring the output directly on the PIR sensor(Digital Intelligent Passive Infrared Sensor AM312), its output goes high(3V) for about 2 seconds when waving my hand above it, then drops low again.
    So it looks like the PIR sensor is functioning correctly.
    The unit also responds correctly when using the remote control. So the blue 433MHz RF module(H3VF4) seems to function correctly. The fact that the piezo beeps, indicates to me that the associated components are functioning correctly to drive the siren.

Please se attached fotos. The unit has an I2C EEPROM(IC1) which is connected to IC2(AT14L). IC2 seems to possibly be some kind of microcontroller, as the EEPROM, RF module data output, PIR sensor, LED and piezo circuitry are all connected to it. I am not sure.

IC2 part number is AT14L and IC3 part number is AT12L.
    I can't find any data at all on the internet for these 2 parts and don't know exactly what their functions are to troubleshoot this unit.
    I have a feeling that these parts are not functioning correctly.
    I have tested the 3V regulator output, the the PIR sensor output, the LED, all the transistors and resistors. They all test correct.

Does anybody know what these parts are and where I can find their datasheets?
    Does anybody also have advice on how to determine the cause of not triggering the siren with motion?

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    Attached Files

Re: SecurityMate Model SMWMS2 Wireless Motion Sensor

Thank you to everyone that viewed my post

Comment

Re: SecurityMate Model SMWMS2 Wireless Motion Sensor

wipe the st14l with acetone - it looks painted.
      and check ic6 - it looks like it has a hole in it

Comment

Working...
      X