Yamaha RX-V 775 power supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yamaha RX-V 775 power supply

Hi, as the titel says iam actually working on a Yamaha vsx-r775 power supply.

When i received the receiver it was completly dead. So after a visiual inspection and starting meassurments, i quickly found out that the 5V supply voltage is missing. My futher investigations lead me to the IC STR-Y6753, because the VCC was just add 2V instead of 16V. After that i`ve checked every component from the VCC circut but couldnt found any faulty components. So i concluded that the startup circut from the chip itself is broken and should be replacet first.

After searching on the Internet for a replacement, i found out that the STR-Y6766 version(which i already had) could be an equivalent for the 6753. I`ve checked the datasheeds and couldnt find any problems to just give it a try.

So i replaced the 6753 and things did not go as planned. Ad startup VCC is present for about 3 sec., then the IC is shutting down and ideling ad 11.3V. According to the datasheet, this should mean that the bias assist prevent a startup failure(protection / stand-by on the fb pin=0.8V).

i thought meassuring the fb pin on startup should be the next step. On startup its about 4V for 3sec., after that it goes high to 6.96V(datasheet= OLP threshhold). I checkd the transformer and parts around on the output side but couldnt find any thing. Thats the point where im struggeling at the moment and i hope sompebody got a suggestion of what to do next.

KR
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-05-2022, 09:51 AM. Reason: RX-V 775 not vsx-r775

Re: Yamaha vsx-r775 power supply

So do you have a Yamaha or a Pioneer? (vsx -xxx for Pioneer, rx -xxx for Yamaha).

Comment

Re: Yamaha vsx-r775 power supply

It's a Yamaha RX-V 775

Comment

Re: Yamaha RX-V 775 power supply

thread title edited: Yamaha RX-V 775 power supply
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Replace C3708 to start with, Check R3704 as it may have been damaged if the internal mosfet was shorted.
          Last edited by R_J; 11-05-2022, 10:51 AM.

Comment

I have already replaced both C3708 and R3704, unfortunately without success.

Comment

Working...
            X