Question about DR-8460BTX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about DR-8460BTX

Hi. I found this psu a DEER DR-8460BTX and I know it's a very low end power supply but I want recap it, obviously without spending too much because probably the capacitor cost more than PSU 🤣. inside of the PSU Inside the power supply has them all Yang chun caps:
    X2 200V 680uf
    X3 50V 2.2 uf LE
    X1 50V 22uf LE
    X2 50V 1uf LE
    X1 10V 1000uf LE
    X1 50V 47uf LE
    X1 50V 10uf LE
    X2 10V 2200uf LE
    X1 16V 2200uf
    X1 16V 470uf LE
    I had 2 questions about changing the capacitors though ... Does LE stand for low ERS?
    Can I put general caps (naturally of the same or better value) instead of low ERS capacitor? Thank you
    Attached Files

Re: Question about DR-8460BTX

1. If those blue ceramic caps in the bottom right of your pic are not safety agency approved caps, replace them.

2. That main transformer, the heat sinks, and that output inductor are probably only good for 250-300W.

3. Some Deer models are notorious for the 5VSB going out of regulation high and damaging MBs. If the standby regulator is not a power IC (e.g. a Power Integrations Tiny Switch) it may have that design issue.
    PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
    To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Re: Question about DR-8460BTX

Thank you for your reply... And what about the caps? For you is low ESR or not? Thank you again

Comment

Working...
      X