Dell RTX 3080 black screen under heavy load RAM seems to be fine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell RTX 3080 black screen under heavy load RAM seems to be fine

Got the card from a friend of my told me it works sometimes since mine said bye bye (gigabyte cracked PCB) after i got the card i used furmark first and let it ruin for around 30 minutes. the card did fine no errors then i used ugine performance test and that's when it went to the black screen but it happens toward the end first time it was on scene 17/17 and the second time it happen right after it was completed and gave me the results, the screen goes black and as long as i power cycle the pc it works again, for some reason restart doesn't. check the coils on the card which were fine and did a visual inspection and it is in great condition, i reapplied thermal paste and aided new thermal pads. then i used mats and it seem to have no errors. i haven't used it to play a game yet but i did use fusion 360 quite a bit and had the pc on for few days straight and no issue with it. any help is greatly appreciated, and i also attached the mats results. i am pretty good at micro soldering and can do troubleshooting on electronics but i have never dealt with any GPU's
    Attached Files

Re: Dell RTX 3080 black screen under heavy load RAM seems to be fine

Curios if this was resolved and fixed. I would have thought it was a memory problem but nothing shows this in the tests. Was it unstable power delivery? Considering buying an eBay card with same symptoms

Comment

Working...
    X