Samsung UN70TU7000BXZA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN70TU7000BXZA

Anyone have a service manual for this unit. Having buffer board issue were screen flashes. Have a short above DA1 ESDProtectors . Remove DA1. Short still there. Check at Tp6 and tp13.
    See image below.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by itronic; 11-12-2022, 09:41 AM.

Re: Samsung UN70TU7000BXZA

Checked with or without the cable to the mainboard connected ? I don't think this TV has a tcon does it ?

Comment

not sure I follow, you said you removed DA1, and still have short on tp 13, isn't that tp on DA3, maybe DA3 is the problem?
      Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-12-2022, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
        Checked with or without the cable to the mainboard connected ? I don't think this TV has a tcon does it ?
        This unit dont have a t-con board. This unit has 3 buffers boards. 1 main buffer and 2 small buffers. see pic below. I unhooked the small buffer on the left side looking from the back, and tv works fine.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by itronic; 11-12-2022, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
          not sure I follow, you said you removed DA1, and still have short on tp 6/13, isn't that tp on DA3, maybe DA3 is the problem?
          Tracing out points . It goes to DA1.

Comment

isnt tp 13 a pin on DA3?

Comment

Edit, ok, bad ribbon cable, that makes sense.
              Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-12-2022, 03:17 PM.

Comment

With more testing, found the issue. The ribbon cable going from the lcd panel to the buffer board is shorted. The small buffer board on the left side, first ribbon cable is problem. I tried to take the best pic as possible.
                Attached Files

Comment

After removing the ESDProtector, I Tested and it read good. So put meter on the TP6 and TP13. It would short out every time I pushed in on ribbon cable. So after looking, it was hit with water damaged. Cleaned it and took pic. Time to recycle now lol.

Comment

Thanks Nomoresonys and Diif for the response.

Comment

So it works fine with that buffer board unhooked? wonder if it could be used by just leaving it uhnooked or maybe a jumper wire workaround.

Comment

It worked fine, just 3/4 if screen showing. Are they any way to bypass it to show whole screen. Reckon the tape method would work?

Comment

good idea, tape method is worth a shot.

Comment

Any idea on which pins to bypass. We’re they no t-con board. I’m
                            Clueless

Comment

guess it depends on where the problem is, seen a lot work with 5 or 6 pins blocked on one end, maybe starting with 2nd pin from the end, good video there, he figured out exactly which pin to block, maybe in some cases it needs to be more than one, theres a lot more videos about it on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfrRhw7-ZII

Comment

Okay thanks. Only problem is this tv don’t have a t-con board. Don’t really show the clk connection to bypass them. I’ll send picture of the main board cable connection. Also connection at main buffer board. Last 2 pic is the main board connection. Tape the pins and the marks but didn’t work.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by itronic; 11-13-2022, 08:52 AM.

Comment

did you try the tape on each end of the cable, meaning left and right? maybe cover 2-9 and make tape smaller by one line at a time.

Comment

If you see the short on the flex bonded tab, why dont you remove it there directly where you see it?

Comment

Originally posted by cheebster View Post
                                      If you see the short on the flex bonded tab, why dont you remove it there directly where you see it?
                                      it burnt the flex bond cable and shorted out the pins in the flex bond cable going directly into the lcd itself. can them be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                                        did you try the tape on each end of the cable, meaning left and right? maybe cover 2-9 and make tape smaller by one line at a time.

I found the exact pin that coming of mainboard to flex cable. Its pin number 81. Tape and the tv stays on but no image but has backlight, but does have sound. If i unhook left buffer board (looking from back) and have pin 81 tape, still no image but has backlight and sound. So they something checking each pin to let image come up im guessing.

Comment

Working...
                                        X