Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hitachi 58HK6100U - Horizontal Lines (Bottom third of the screen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hitachi 58HK6100U - Horizontal Lines (Bottom third of the screen)

the picture of the TV with both cables inserted shows a brighter spot where the line originates, that gives it away, panel problem, also I think the last picture (full white) is the TV without any ribbons and the line is still there, but we haven't asked OP about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Biruslapio View Post
      the picture of the TV with both cables inserted shows a brighter spot where the line originates, that gives it away, panel problem, also I think the last picture (full white) is the TV without any ribbons and the line is still there, but we haven't asked OP about that.
      pm sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
        don't buy tcon, don't waste money..100% only panel damaged.. only signal masking can quiet bad part of screen..
        I will take more time with masking the lines. I am unfortunately not a super expert on repairs but I am willing to dig deep into problems and learn from each repair. I would like to know how to possibly identify which line is which signal... if that makes sense. I've been searching through the forum but can't really find this explained, wherever I look it was only a "guess and tape method".

have you tried the suggested tape method?
        Yes, but as from above, I tried random connection points without any luck, and the image only got worse... I will go back to it.

also I think the last picture (full white) is the TV without any ribbons and the line is still there, but we haven't asked OP about that.
        No, that is only a white image "video" (with both ribbons inserted) that I played through YouTube, in the hope to show you the image better on the white screen as the lines are a lot more visible on bright colour backgrounds
        Last edited by kdaniel; 11-17-2022, 06:27 PM. Reason: Making focused answers

Comment

The clock lines that come from tcon to panel controls each one a subset of lines, some few lines are broken so you must choose from two, block all lines or the single start pulse that does the same, or finding the subset with the ones broken by blocking corresponding clock. Another way maybe is the drilling method thought by me but never experimented.. i never find such defect on tv on sale..
          Last edited by Davi.p; 11-17-2022, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Finally found some time to get back to this TV and after a few hours, I decided to stop and leave it to the point where I could not get the image any better.

I used the taping method and pins 1,2 and 10 had to be taped to get the best possible picture on the TV.

While watching the video you could not say there is anything wrong with it but as could be seen in the last (red) image, the left side of the screen lost its rich colours and they are now blurry.

If you guys have any additional advices of possible solutions to get the image even better, I might get back to it when I get more time.

I just want to thank you for all your advice and whoever tried to help me.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by kdaniel; 11-24-2022, 07:49 PM. Reason: added images

Comment

Can you find out the signal names that you blocked? In particular, check if it's VGH.

Comment

in the last picture what it is supposed that might be showed?
                Last edited by Davi.p; 12-02-2022, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X