Yamaha RX-A2A WN9711 Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yamaha RX-A2A WN9711 Update

I have a RX-A2A that doesn't do anything besides stuck with WN9711 Update. Any ideas I can get pass this screen?
    Attached Files

Re: Yamaha RX-A2A WN9711 Update

Looks like there is a TTL port on the lower left. Hook up to it and see what’s going on in there. I suppose you can’t do the reset procedure? You also could put the latest firmware on a USB stick and try to update it. Maybe someone tried to do an update, but then pulled the stick out or turned the unit off.
    Last edited by CapLeaker; 11-18-2022, 07:03 PM.

Comment

The error would suggest the wireless lan had a problem, Try putting the firmware on a usb stick as suggested, or try connecting a network cable?
      See if this procedure works with this model:
      Attached Files
      Last edited by R_J; 11-19-2022, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Repair is completed. There was a port on the board where I jumper the pins that allowed me to access the settings to complete to the update.

Comment

Originally posted by Plurxtc1 View Post
          Repair is completed. There was a port on the board where I jumper the pins that allowed me to access the settings to complete to the update.
          Excuse the necro but what pins did you end up jumping?
          Listening to Drab Majesty, Chime, Deftones, and other Rushdown Label artists. Professional tech.

Comment

Originally posted by Plurxtc1 View Post
            I have the exact same issue with an RX-V4A that I have replaced the HDMI board on

Do you remember what pins it was please?

Comment

Here are the instructions. Took me a while to hunt it down. Should help for RX-V4A, TSR-400, RX-V6A, TSR-700, and RX-A2A showing a WN9711 update. Gotta program the EEPROM.
              Attached Files
              Listening to Drab Majesty, Chime, Deftones, and other Rushdown Label artists. Professional tech.

Comment

will this work with yamaha rxa4a reading internal error? trying to locate the land but the guts look way different than the posted pics

everytime i try to update firmware via usb the end result is error 100000 (one attempt yielded error 400000), and then internal error (once was wn9711)

thx

Comment

Originally posted by JakeShaw View Post

Here are the instructions. Took me a while to hunt it down. Should help for RX-V4A, TSR-400, RX-V6A, TSR-700, and RX-A2A showing a WN9711 update. Gotta program the EEPROM.
                  Thank you very much for this useful document.
                  I have a TSR-700 with internal error. Made the jumper and the message 'modeldesterror' appears.
                  When I press scene 1 or 2, I get only this
                  ------------- ---

No model name to select.
                  The serial number is there and works, but not the models.
                  What do you sugest?

Comment

Did you do what it suggests on page 3? Press SCENE1 or SCENE2 key several times until the error message disappears.
                    Last edited by R_J; 08-19-2023, 05:09 PM.

Comment

I have a Tsr-700 and even though I do the steps it only lets me input the serial number, for some reason it doesn’t let me change the model it just says _______________J

Comment

Working...
                      X