This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, My name is Isaiah Akpan (isaco), I'm a computer engineer living in Nigeria, Africa, I'm glad to be in this wonderful forum.

Comment

Hello. My name is Alex, and I'm a computer technician living and working in the UK.

Comment

New Members -unbeatable amateur

Hi Badcaps, Soon I will as some tech questions lead back to the time.
        BR
        Kobok (which used to be Kobol from Battlestar Galactica, but mistyped...)

Comment

Hello,

I am new to this site/forum. It is good to know that this kind of community exists.

some intoductory information:

My first computer was Commodore 64, so you can guess how old I am.

Since then I owned some desktop machines that I costom built and several laptops including 2 Lenovo ones.

I am an electrical engineer by profession with experience in some fields..

Why am I here:

Fisrt of all to meet new professionals and learn from them. If I can, to contribute as well.

Secondly, one of the Lenovo machines is the Yoga c930 which I probably bricked trying to flash a BIOS.

I am now seeking help on how to recover the machine. It is my daughter's machine and she loves it. Did her 4 years of engineering studies with it.

That's it.

Comment

HI My name is Reg Reader and i trade as beacon Television services in Norwich Norfolk England.I have worked in the Television trade for several decades and am semi retired.
            It brings in a little income and i like to repair where i can and look forward to connecting other members.
            Thanks reg reader

Comment

Been doing electronics repairs since the early 90's, I lived through the great capacitor plague. Electrician by trade

Comment

First time posting in forum ever lol. Watched youtube vid on how to reflow ram on macbook, he mentioned this site. Looks like it could be very useful!

Comment

apparently i need to post here before i can do anything lol. ive never needed to post before so strange that im finding this out now.

anyways i own a small IT company and we dabble in just about everything from networking to board level repairs to consulting and maintenance. i usually come here when i run into a problem that i need to research, never usually have to ask anything because all the good questions have already been asked lol, which is how i prefer it anyways. but i need to request a bios file, and i cant see paying vinafix or one of these other companies whatever is for a dump file. in fact im thinking of starting a bios dump with every board i get, which is quite a lot, just to put people like that out of business. shouldnt be charging for bios dumps, thats just trash imo. anyways rant over. enjoy the fourms thanks for all you do.

Comment

Hello. I'm Dan. I live near a rich island and those people throw away electronics all the time rather than fix them. I found this forum because I just got a Samsung 55" UHD from the side of the road. I plugged it in and everything worked great. Next day, nothing. I have already found a post here about the same thing and am on my way to an easy repair. Thank you for existing BadCaps!

Comment

Hello World ✌️

My name is Oli and I'm trying to improve my electronic component fixing skills.

Comment

Hi People of the Nets. I do PC and mac repair and am just beginning learning how to do motherboard repair. I appreciate all the help and knowledge that I can get. I hope to someday lend my brain to anyone in need of help

Comment

Hello. Registering to find help to fix a LG plasma TV after doing some diagnosis. Thanks

Comment

Hi all! I am looking for help to repair a N64 power supply. Thanks BadCaps

Comment

Hi everyone. I'm Alireza Mohseni 28 yo. I'm from Iran and I just got married
                              I've always been a computer science avid and follower, though I haven't got the chance yet to take up a serious and academic course on learning about software or hardware inspection, repair or programming. I just found this forum while I was trying to find a techinical solution to a problem I'm deling with, I hope this can be the start of new advendture into this facinating world of computers

Comment

hi there everyone im jheunne starter from philippines old businessman and also technician. tall dark handsome and funny hobbies basketball movies pc games etc. found this forum interesting hope can help and also to help members base on my knowledge and expertise

Comment

Hi all.. been a bit of a tinkler In repairing my household electrics for many years.. having now retired and have various broken items put to one side as a look at later, I now find myself with time and an enthusiasm to learn all I can to repair what I can. I would like to thank Rick of "Learn Electronics Repair" for his informative YouTube channel and giving me the confidence and knowledge to get started.

Comment

Hello to all members!

Comment

Hi all, new to this forum. I'm learning electronic repair as hobby..

Comment

Hi all, registered to take advantage of the wealth of technical knowledge on this site. Never heard of the site until today but glad I did. Hopefully I will be able to get the help I need whilst here

Comment

Hi all. New here .

Comment

Working...
                                          X