This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

New member…. i'm recently retired from construction industry management. i have rekindled my love of electronics and building projects. Although a chemistry major in college, i'm having to relearn all that math from so many years ago. was directed here by You Tuber Richard, from Learn Electronics Repair in hopes of expanding my knowledge and maybe to seek advice from the gurus here.
    i reside in Cleveland Ohio, USA….Stefo

Comment

Hi all, I am a computer technician currently living in the Philippines. I am using a desktop computer for programing that runs on an i7 7th gen system nothing much though i am hopping to find solutions to existing and new laptop issues.. Thank you!!!

Comment

Hello.
        My name is Enrique.
        I am Catalan and I live in Barcelona (Catalonia, Spain)
        My official studies are in electrical engineering, with a degree from 1973, when valves dominated and transistors began to appear.
        My first contacts with computers were with an Olivetti computer (the one with typewriters), which measured approximately 50cm x 50cm x 15cm. All available memory (only had 16KB RAM). Since it had no hard drive or floppy disks, the data was stored on magnetic cards. It was computer prehistory. This fabulous computer cost about 500000 (half a million) pesetas in 1974, more than 30 times my salary.
        My professional career has been about 20 years in electrical cable factories, and about 25 as a management consultant (quality, environmental, safety, etc.).
        I am currently retired and I dedicate myself to my hobbies, including computers and electronics.
        And that's why I'm here... trying to repair my computer, I had to look up the corresponding wiring diagrams. Also, the information provided by ASUS is limited, it is practically based on software and it becomes a closed loop always with the same solutions, which do not work. There are many web pages and forums on the Internet but they all offer the same solutions.
        Knowing what happens to the computer and being able to repair it represents a challenge for me. I hope to get help in the forum.

Comment

Hi all ;]

Comment

Hello All!

Comment

Hi all, I'm learning new things here, great!

Comment

Hi, I'm Craig. I'm a new member. I live in England, UK. I love repairing vintage amplifiers. I have always been interested in electronics, since a child in the 70s, but recently started to increase my knowledge in electronics theory. This seems like a great place.

Comment

Hello folks, greetings from central Europe

Going to pick up some skills here, started to fix power supplies/GPUs and it's fun! But there is a lot to learn and this forum seems like a good place to acquire some knowledge.

Cheers!

Comment

hi.. greetings to all friends, I'm from Indonesia and want to learn through this forum, thank you

Comment

Hi, found this forum on google while trying to troubleshoot a problem I'm having with my monitor. Hope someone can help me

Comment

Hi Very nice to meet you guys
                        I hope to get every information about computer system
                        see you !

Comment

I'm new here. My name is Pawel from UK. I'm electronic engineer.

Comment

Hi All
                            My name is Ole. I am danish, retired systems programmer from our national broadcasting company and trying to keep my skills alive

Comment

Hello, I do not have too much experience in electronic and I try to fix different things.

Comment

hi there, thank you very much to our admin for accepting me. i'm from philippines by the way

Comment

Hi,
                                  my name is salman, but you can call me sally. i am a software developer with degree, i'm also an it tech support guy working in PAKISTAN. I Also do some Motherboard, GPU'S AND LAPTOPS Repairings.
                                  Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-02-2022, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm Italian and I'm just a fan who finds this forum fantastic!

Comment

Hi Everyone, I'm from the UK, ex Royal Navy now living in South Africa. Enjoying the Sunshine but hating the Oil Price and expensive petrol / gas prices. I do forensic work on Hard Drive recovery. Bought my first PC with 10MB HD, have installed Windows 3.1 up to Windows 11. Currently running Windows 11 on my 12 year old Laptop. It FLIES and I love it to bits.

Comment

Howdy. I'm from the western United states. I'm a college student and electronics/computing enthusiast with a passion for the craft. I'm hoping to get much further into depth on the topic of component level repairs and the engineering aspect of computing.

Comment

Hello! Happy to have found this forum. Looks like a good resource

Comment

Working...
                                          X