X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone.
    I used to be heavily into electronics repair in a DIY capacity. I got into the repair because I was tired of throwing things away when usually a small repair (I assumed) was all that was needed. I'm mostly self-taught with a little leaning on the knowledge of a couple of people I know that were professional techs.
    My background is in industrial/automation controls with a side of mechanical and manufacturing engineering.
    I'm recently getting back into repair and this forum looks like a great place to be!

Comment

morning all im new here but ive been repairing stuff since i fixed a VHS player as a kid like 30 odd years ago, ive rarely bought things new i just buy broken things and fix them, helps me live sorta beyond my means

thanks to my work i have access to all sorts of micro soldering kit etc and get to play around with all sorts

Comment

hello world !

Comment

Hello, new here. I'm here to learn how to fix my tv. Big adventure, i hope it pays off

Comment

Hello everyone, thanks for accepting TopCat (one of the cartoons I saw the most in my childhood!), as well as The three stoges... Physical humor, nothing that we see today.

Well, to the important thing: My name is Daniel, I am from the South of Argentina, here it is very cold in winter, with wind and snow, dry climate in summer with wind and flying sand, semi-desert area next to the Santa Cruz River, a quiet place to live within all that can be expected.

I have been in electronics since 1975, in computing since 1980, I went through the Sinclair line with the ZX16, ZX 48, TS2068, Spectrum+ and the last one made by the Amstrad company. Then I switched to PC, I started with a 286, I used Intel, Cyrix (does anyone remember?) and AMD processors, I've been doing service ever since, first for friends and co-workers and then I started a business. I worked in HF communications repairing and operating, I was a radio amateur, I had a technology and computer program on local FM radio, I was an announcer and operator on local TV and I also computerized programming.
            I am curious by nature, I usually do several projects at the same time -which is difficult for me to finish, because I am no longer a young man and I also have ADHD (in English it would be ADHD) that not only affects children, well, it gave me when I was little and I just found out I had it this year! - and the last thing I'm preparing to start assembling is a platform with movement for flight simulation, which is what entertains me in my spare time.

I started electronics with vacuum tubes, I went on to transistors, then integrated like almost all of us who adapt to the new. I generally try to make homemade instruments (apart from the professional ones I use for work) as it entertains me and I enjoy doing it. Unfortunately my eyesight starts to fail a lot and I start to have difficulties with some tasks.
            I was struck by the name of the site, which I came to by chance. I have seen a few BADCAPS throughout my life in motherboard repairs, especially the old PC-Chips that caused so many problems. Today a lot has changed and the quality has greatly improved practically minimizing those problems, although for the most part In general, the inconvenience has been transferred to notebooks and video cards because they are always too "hot".

I think that with that I can consider myself presented to you. A pleasure to share.
            Receive a cordial greeting from the South of the continent

Comment

Hi all,

I am currently 32 years old and since I was a teenager I have always been attracted by electronics in particular to find and solve computer problems.

This is what brings me here today because I have been fighting for several days already with my wife's computer whose BIOS update has failed and I am struggling to find the right bios file to flash after trying. several already.

I hope I can find help here and myself help other people for other things.

Comment

Hello to all of you.
                I found you searching a capacitor to use in my desktop board.
                Amazing forum.
                I want help and I want to help others too.

Comment

Hi everyone.
                  I have been a member since ... 15 minutes ago.
                  I am trying to repair my Surface Pro 4 and hope to learn from the best in this forum.
                  Tom

Comment

Hello everyone!

About myself: I've been working in computer science for 20 years, in fact even before that, little flaky .... I lived and died for the c64 even when I was younger, and even younger for the nintendo with the yellow cartridge...
                    My job is also my hobby, I feel I can't complain.

I would be an industrial electrotechnician, but I have been immersed in my hobby, not my profession, for quite a few years. Now I'm also holding the soldering iron at the wrong end, but with enough "will" the old knowledge can be brought forward.

I would like to thank everyone here, the community, that thanks to you I was able to fix a damaged guy's Lenovo T580 notebook, he had a supervisor password, but one day he forgot his password, which he didn't write down and didn't share with anyone. I found the solution here, in the form of a lenovo autopatcher post, all I had to do was pull out the ch341 spi flasher from the bottom of the drawer, and he got his machine back in just over 2 hours! He had been trying to open it for months before, but he simply didn't remember that he had locked it. It can be terrible though...

So thank you again on His behalf, and I'm also glad I found the site, I get a lot of useful information!

Keep it up Gentlemen! (sry, and ladies, because there are definitely representatives of the other gender here as well)

Sorry for the google translated text, unfortunately my knowledge of Japanese is even better than my English, even though I didn't learn it for a minute either (I write from Hungary myself!)

Comment

hello gang i hope to find some help , hope you get some too

Comment

Hello ....

Chagalj here, AV technician from Serbia. Stumbled upon this forum searching for some service manuals. I don't nececarily dwell that deep into component servicing, but I'll stick around for knowledge.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello everyone!

Comment

Sou novo aqui, Paulo é meu nome . Brazil na área

Comment

Just saying hello from South Africa - will see if I need anything from here
                              Best wishes to everyone.

Comment

Hey all, glad to have joined this community.

This is mostly just for work, hence the. account name, so I'm looking to be fairly professional.

I hope that by joining this forum I expand my knowledge and I can optimize my work flow.

I started I.T. about 9 years ago and I've been working at it through freelance and professional means for about 4 years now.

Thank you for this outlet, I look forward to working with many of you in the future.

Comment

Hello from Canada. This is my first post and hopefully not the last one.

Comment

Hello from Nantes (France, not USA). This forum seems very serious and technical. I think I'll find all informations I need... I hope I'll understand because my english is poor...
                                    Thank you for your help.
                                    Have a good day.

Comment

Hi all,
                                      First time visitor an I enjoy fixing stuff. I know that search is your friend and hope to gain some good info from within these forums.
                                      VR
                                      F

Comment

My name is Dennis. I'm in the Los Angeles area of California (USA). I'm an electronics tinkerer - usually with success (except when I'm not). I'm retired from self employment as a PC consultant (18 years). Life is a lot slower, but I like it - lots of time to do what I want.

Comment

New guy here that gets a kick out of fixing things. Joining badcaps to get help repairing my TV, but potentially other items in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                          X