X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi all!

I've been using the forums for a while to get schematics (Thank you to those who share them!)

I am a 19 year old Motherboard Technician from New South Wales, Australia, I work on both PC and Mac laptop's, I collect many laptops, especially Toshiba's & ThinkPad's. I have been fixing motherboard's for over 4 years starting out with Original Xbox's, Later moving into modding and repairing Xbox 360's with complicated motherboard issues that others were going to throw away and then iPhone logic board repair with the occasional MacBook but I moved into focusing on laptop motherboards late last year, Since then I have fixed 100's of laptops, Some with very easy fix's like 820-2850's with a bad C9560 up to very complicated rabbit holes other techs gave up on.

My Repair Setup

Soldering Station: Hakko FX-951 w/ multiple tips & FX-888D
    Hot Air Rework Station: Quick 861DW
    Microscope: AmScope SM-3T-54S-5M
    Multimeter: Fluke 17B+
    Oscilloscope: Siglent SDS1102DL+

Thank you for reading!

Comment

hello

Comment

Hi there. Newbie here. I like circuits n stuff.

Comment

Hi guys

Comment

Hi guys.
            This site has great knowledge. It’s cool.

Comment

Hi new here. primarily interested in MacBook repairs & vintage HiFi. Recommended by youtube - new hobby so be gentle with me.

Comment

Hello I'm just some PC junkie surfing around the internet for knowledge, found this place when searching for schematics of GPUs =>I'm happy to see such places

Comment

Hello! I stumbled upon this when trying to learn how to fix our Sharp Aquos LC-80LE757U and have found some very helpful information! Hoping to get it up and running again quickly

Comment

Hi everyone, im here to try fix corrupted bios wish me luck guys.

Comment

Hi there,

I need help reading my (forgotten) password from bios dump.

Best regards
                      Craig

Comment

hello all.

Comment

Hi! This is actually my 2nd post. I read the intro message, posted in a thread, then saw that it could be up to an hour before I can start a new thread. SO I figured I come and post where it SAID I should post first after I actually READ the entire welcome message, even though the welcome message said to READ CAREFULLY! My bad. . good luck fixing my laptop if I can't even follow FORUM instructions, huh!? What a LOSER. . .anyway, I've fixed desktops and laptops before, built my own PC's, Towers, etc. so I have some idea of what I'm doing. . I have an old, basically useless Acer Aspire One that we've been using for our trampoline shows as our "DJ System" with ITunes for a LONG time. . it doesn't do much but it does what we need it for PERFECTLY! That is, right up until my bottled water bottle tipped over, opened and proceeded to empty its contents into my keyboard!!!! I immediately turned the netbook upside down and watched water pour out of the keyboard. Common sense said to immediately unplug and shut down the netbook, BUT, THE SHOW MUST GO ON so I shook it, blew it, prayed for it and used if for the show! It worked well enough but, as time went on, things stopped working so well. The keyboard no longer works and the mouse I've been using is becoming sporadic. I'm pretty sure it's a motherboard issue but can it also be partially a keyboard issue? I was going to just order a used Mboard from Ebay and swap it but starting thinking that maybe the keyboard is also fried? It boots up well enough and runs Windows XP, beeps a lot when booting but it does eventually get there and seems to run okay. Anyway, that's my deal, I have a lot of cool stickers on it from lots of gigs and it has a lot of sentimental value so, if possible and relatively cheaply I can swap an Mboard and maybe keyboard, I'd just as soon get this baby back to business. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hello everyone
                            I hope we will be useful to each other

Comment

Hello folks! I like to read and explore forums for infos and learning new stuff. I'm a big fan of lifelong learning. Cheers & hugs from Croatia.

Comment

hi everyone , my name is Trung , i come from vietnam , i'm a laptop hardware technician , i just joined the forum , my english is not very good , hope everyone can help ,, i found the forum there are many things that i know more..thanks

Comment

Hello everyone i'm martin from germany.

Comment

Hi guys, just decided to join your lovely forums. I found this place when I was searching for bios bin file
                                    Hope to have some fun here as well as learn more about computer electronics and sharpen my electronics skills.

Comment

Hello everyone.

Comment

Hi All,

Ben10ison here! Or just Ben.

I joined for the funnel cake. Then I realized the real funnel cake is the friends we made along the way.

Comment

Good day my name is Ashton and live in the bahamas. I am 27yrs old, and i am starting to get into fixing things like cars and electronics. Think i have really found a passion in it

Comment

Working...
                                          X