This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey, just posting to introduce myself. I run a repair shop in Tacoma, WA USA. Found a board schematic I needed on the site and figured I'd join.

Comment

Hello,
      Hope everyone is well...my name is Myers, I wanted to thank badcaps for accepting my registration...on to Niners v Cards in Mexico City...Go Niners!!!

Comment

Hello Guys.

My name is Marcin (Martin in all other countries) i'm from Poland.
        I'm a graduate of electronic technical School in ... 1999.
        Since then don't have nothing with this profession .
        I worked as IT support in Wrocław town hall .

Until now .

I'm starting to collect gear and stuff which help me understand changes over the years in electronic. I have prepared in home a station for repairing microelectronics. All this for own satisfaction and according to the slogan
        "Fix don't throw away".

Nice to meet you community of BAD CAPS.

Comment

Hello,

My name is Istvan, 30yo,
          I`m a hobbyst, repairing phones and laptops for students mostly (just for a coffee or a beer), I know student life is hard (have been there).

I found this forum by a video on youtube, recap an old motherboard :P

Have a nice day!

Comment

Hello Guys,

my name is Dario from Italy. This forum is a great initiative!

I'm a graduate in computer science with the hobby of repairing electronic stuff, but never touched a laptop's motherboard and thanks to you I would start to do, with your valuable help.

Actually I'm working as project manager in the IT area.

But my mantra is always "Fix don't throw away".

Thank you in advance for all the help should I receive on badcaps forum.

Have a nice day!

Comment

Salutations From Atlanta GA

Comment

hello
                i am happy to join badcaps

Comment

Hello, all.
                  I have recently started electronics repair as a hobby and possible career change. I am taking a repair tech course and I hope to one day be able to do this full time or at least as a casual job when I retire.

Nice to meet all of you.

Max

Comment

hello! I'm an artist in DC working with electronics and I have a big pile of half-broken gear to resuscitate

Comment

hello there . happy to learn more knowledge in electronics

Comment

Hello guys, im a repair hobbyst. I joined badcaps to learn more about laptop repair.

Comment

Hello,

i am happy to join badcaps
                          i am a French boys

Comment

Hey everyone, if ur reading this, ur amazing
                            I'm here to upgrade my knowledge on fixing stuff
                            Have a great day

Comment

Hello,

i try to fix some tv's and i think i get the right advice from this place.

Comment

hey, yeah the same as the other folks. Software dev by profession. Not the best at it.

Comment

Hello everyone new member. Same as neo, Software dev by profession but I love to fix stuff.

I am just glad that forums like this one is still alive because most of online interactions now is on facebook, youtube and tiktok.

Comment

Reviving an old gaming PC from 2012 with XFX R9 270 graphics cards in crossfire. Had a bit of an oops while cleaning (knocked a cap off) and having watched Louis Rossmann in the past I thought I may try and fix it. After a quick google search, I found this site and got excited. I expect to find this part of the forum most helpful for that. https://www.badcaps.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14

Comment

On another note, I'm a machinist, not a software dev at all. xD

Comment

Hi,

I've had an account here for a while but it seems that I didn't post here. Really, I can't quite remember why I made this account. That brings me to today. I have another computer issue that I suspect will require component level repair. I've been working on computers for a long time. For a bit I went to school to become an electrical technician but my interests at the time shifted so I didn't complete school for that. Still I've been working on computers and sometimes I wish I knew how to do board level repairs. So, now I'm going to give it a try, I think, but first I need to learn a lot so I can figure out what is going on with the board.

Comment

Hi, Im Fatbookslow from the UK. First time fixing tech was putting straws through the fans on the back of my Xbox 360 and turning it upside down before powering on. Ended up doing it 4 times and always worked like a charm! Now do a lot of Mac repairs and finally getting into the board repair side which always thought was well beyond my capability. So here goes nothing!

Comment

Working...
                                          X