X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Factory Resets Listing

Originally posted by ttt9090 View Post
    This may be a dumb question, but I don't how how else to ask it so...

Is it imperative to have a factory remote to apply a factory reset? or...
    Is there a way to accomplish the same thing by opening the set and moving jumpers etc.?
    Thanks
    You need a factory remote, or one which can operate the TV.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hi have a lg 42pw450t , was not coming on ,, changed the ysus board and it came on with a loud buzzing noise, and it was getting hot on the side of the ysus, so thought i,d do a factory reset, after i did that the tv did not come on again ,, accept when i unplug the ysus board , can some tell what causing this and how to fix it
      many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
        You need a factory remote, or one which can operate the TV.
        anybody know how to get to service menu for vizio e390i-a1 help please

Comment

That's a great idea... having reset codes. But.. Is thus the same as a software update which did help me awhile back making a non working tv work like new.

Comment

Can anyone help with how to access the service mode (factory mode) on a Sense 51-42 LCD. It's a cheapo 42 inch tv I'm not sure who makes the chassis I would say it's probably far east, the main board is marked B.TR901C 7355 and seems to be used in a few sets. The digital menu looks familiar, I think I saw similar on a small Kenmark LCD combi. The normal Kenmark methods don't work though.

Can post some pictures if it will help.

Comment

does anyone know a pioneer? my model is pdp-6070pu

Comment

Try this:
                Attached Files

Comment

Another SONY:
                  DISPLAY, 5, VOL DOWN (-), PWR

Reset error code: 8, 0.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oZnSleucJ0
                  Last edited by budm; 01-09-2014, 11:06 PM.
                  Never stop learning
                  Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                  http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

thanks,very useful for me.

Comment

For a Hannspree HSG1075 (may work for other models)

To access the factory reset menus-

Using the factory remote:

- Turn TV on
                      - in quick sucession press input, 0, 2, 3, 6, 3, menu.
                      - go to initialize in the new menu that opens
                      - go to recall factory data
                      - enter

Hope this helps others.

Regards,

Hans

Comment

Hello evreyone my name is John and I have a trouble with my TV set . Two capacitors blown up C503 and C507 from power supply model PSA218-417-R I want to know their equivalent .Thanks

Comment

You are posting in to the wrong section. This is a sticky for resetting TVs.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                            Some of mine:

Vestel (most):
                            Menu 4725 then select "RESET"

Samsung (European):
                            Power off, Info - Menu - Mute - Power, then find factory reset and execute option.

LG/Zenith:
                            Hold MENU on TV and MENU on remote for 5~10 seconds, then select reset option.

NEC:
                            While powering on hold "MENU" or "INPUT" on TV, depending on model. (Only disables error lock out/buffer and puts TV in temporary service mode.)
                            To reset to factory, on remote, Off Timer - Menu - Exit - Off Timer, then select reset option.

I vote for sticky!
                            hello
                            im a new member.pls factory reset for lcd fujicom fj5510

Comment

hitatchi reset?

Comment

I have 3 LG's in the house and I have no problem when getting into the service menu to check the hours. I have one I just acquired and for the life of me I cannot get into the service menu at all. I tried 4 different LG remotes. Any tricks I am missing?

Comment

Anyone know how to do this for a shitty Element ELCFW329 the picture is all distorted for some odd reason and the about method posted above doesn't work or maybe I am doing it wrong. Thanks in advance

Comment

Olevia 227_s11

This probably won't help most people but just in case it helps someone.

If you have a JP1 Remote control I found that EFC code 034 got me into the
                                    service menu of my olevia tv.

I had no remote that worked for this tv and with the help of

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums I was able to find a code that partially
                                    worked for it.

I then punched in all EFC's and found out what they did and efc 034 got me
                                    service menu (see pic)
                                    For those that do not know what a jp1 remote is they are the one's with
                                    the six pins in the battery compartment to plug in to computer and program it
                                    Hope this helps someone
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys, 2nd post so be gentle. I have a Sharp LC-70LE732u that I believe had lightning damage this past weekend though no burnt smell and I don't believe it let the magic smoke out. I went through Sharp and tried their reset, holding the Volume up and Channel down then plugging in but it still won't power up. Could it be in an artificial standby mode? I havn't tried the other reset but will when I get home but I've taken the back of and could not verify any visual damage. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is a pain to load up and carry in for service being so large.
                                      Thanks, Tim

Comment

Good thread.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by randtek View Post
                                          Over time, I have created a listing of manufacturers and their factory reset/factory mode procedures that may help others. This list is from my own experience, and is by no means complete for any given manufacturer. Some have been found by searching the internet, some by trial and error. I hope some may find this information useful

**** WARNING!!!! ******

Some of these procedures may allow you to enter factory service modes. IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, DO NOT MAKE CHANGES TO SETTINGS IN FACTORY MODES!! Improper settings may cause undesired operation, and could result in a situation where your TV cannot boot/turn on.

YOU ARE USING THESE PROCEDURES AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Factory Resets / modes

For all listed procedures, start with TV on, in TV mode, unless otherwise instructed. After procedure is complete, unplug set and re-plug in to finish reset.

If more than one procedure is listed for a given manufacturer, try the different ones until you see which one works for your set.

Coby:****************************************-

Enter menu, hi-lite “audio” then enter 8893

mode/source 2580 select “other setting”,select “shipment” then yes, after it exits service menu you need to power set off.

Dynex ****************************************-

source/input 2580

hold vol down on tv and hold #1 button on remote, vol will jump to halfway and set shuts off. Turn back on have 1st time setup screen.

source/input 2580

menu 1999 (tv is on)

Element ****************************************

menu 0000

menu 1147

Haier ******************************************

pull up menu, hi-lite “audio” then enter 8893

Hisense *****************************************

In customer menu go to”Parental” enter 0000 then select”Clean All” then power the set off and back on and first time setup menu will be there.

For some models, same as above model except in menu it is labeled “Lock”

Insignia *****************************************-

input 2580 (tv is on)

Mitsubishi ****************************************

Menu 123 or menu 2470 (tv is on)

Panasonic

Hold vol- on TV, press and hold menu button on remote

Philips ******************************************

Push menu, select”Features”then select”current software info” push 062596-info on remote then push info again then red”initialize appears and changes color then complete. Push power button to exit

TV is on,push 062596-info on remote,then push info again, red”initialized”appears it turns green when completed, then push power button to exit

Polariod *****************************************-

Hold vol- and chan- or hold vol+ and chan+ (tv is on)

Proscan ******************************************

In customer menu go to setup,select parental control menu, enter 0000 then select “clear channel list”.

RCA *******************************************-

Menu 1147

Sanyo *******************************************

hold vol down on TV, press and hold #1 button on remote, vol will jump to halfway and set shuts off. Turn back on have 1st time setup screen.

Samsung *****************************************-

Mute 182 power (tv is off)
                                          (On some models, Factory Reset is on this menu, on some, you must go into the “Options” submenu

Seiki ********************************************-

Menu 0000

Sharp ********************************************
                                          (Note – On Sharp models, you will need to look through the menus to find the reset option)

menu 1999

menu, 3481

menu 1147

while holding vol– & input buttons on tv plug in set when “k” appears push vol– & chan-

Sony *********************************************

Hold “arrow up” on remote and push power button on tv (tv is on)

Symphony *****************************************-

Source/input 2580

Toshiba ******************************************-

on Menu, select “Installation”, then “System Information” press the right arrow button, (“System Information” will change to “Factory Reset” or something similar) follow on-screen instructions

Vision Quest ***************************************-
                                          Source/input 2580

Vizio ********************************************

In customer menu under “Help” tab is Factory Default enter 0000

Hi, read your introduction and I'm thinking maybe you could help me out with certain information!

I have a plasma 42inches TC-p42gt25, I have had it for 3 years. The problem started last week.....the power will turn on but the picture and the sound refused to work. After 5 to 10 times of turning it on and off.....the picture and sound comes on. It's taking me almost 20 times now of on and off before I could watch TV. With little technical know-how that I possessed, I figured out that maybe it's the Main Board panel that needs to be fixed.

I need your expertise as I'm thinking maybe you could tell me what actually might need to be changed!

I live in Saskatoon, Canada.

Please let me know what your suggestion is?

Thanks
                                          Elias

Comment

Working...
                                          X