So I've got a dead 27" Viewsonic VX2753MH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So I've got a dead 27" Viewsonic VX2753MH

I don't know if anyone's kept up on this thread, but I have found a source for repair; let's cross our fingers!

Comment

Will be awaiting your updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill S. View Post
        I don't know if anyone's kept up on this thread, but I have found a source for repair; let's cross our fingers!
        Ancient thread, but so glad I stumbled across it. Bill, did you ever get it working? Took me ages, but I finally figured out how (gently) pry off the front bezel and then, after a lot of head scratching, managed to extricate the board.

I have 4 of these monitors, and 2 have now died the same way (started out as intermittent power-up, finally won't fire at all) so if I can be sure of the way to fix it, I'll go for it, and know how to fix the others as they, inevitably, follow the same route!

Hopefully you're still monitoring this board for messages/updates, as I can't seem to private message you, but I have sent a "friend request"

Thanks for everyone's great suggestions so far!

Comment

Well. It may please the other members of this post to note that I have run into the exact same problem. After receiving the monitor for free I quickly realized that it had no power LED showing - no backlight on the monitor. I took apart the silly thing - I hate that besel and clips with a passion. Running the correct power supply into it did not change a thing - and the voltage was shown to be running across the PCB perfectly fine. One slight difference. I think that I must have a different revision of the board - as one of the inductors (coils) surface mounted has been replaced with a different type of one - rather a smaller one.

I am reasonably new to fixing stuff - having worked crudely with a soldering iron to take off components of junk circuit boards for fun - but I more broke than I fixed. Where should I start with this.

There are no clearly leaky capacitors.
          The backside (topside if installed correctly) is covered with specks of what I assume to be housedust.
          The 30 or so pin ribbon cable has perfect continuity.
          I tested the continuity of some of the components using the south (as per the Original poster's image) end of the C530 resistor.

Thank you in advance
          -06Days

P.S - It was such a relief to instantly find this post, not being alone in fixing stuff is really amazing.

Comment

Working...
          X