Attached Files

Comment

Re: Bios dump for my Dell Inspiron 15 5570

Originally posted by Nurshad View Post
      Clean my bios no display
      You forget to mention please !

Comment

Dell Inspiron 5570 CAL60 LA-F114P Rev 1.0 (A00)

board will not post, voltages are present, cpu gets warm, but fan pulses every 2 seconds, no picture.

Is possible to fix please?
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CeeEee4 View Post
          Dell Inspiron 5570 CAL60 LA-F114P Rev 1.0 (A00)

board will not post, voltages are present, cpu gets warm, but fan pulses every 2 seconds, no picture.

Is possible to fix please?
          Isn`t your backup the original one, it named "BUP_rebuild" ,has it been modded already
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

sorry my mistake, here is the original dump.

Symptoms were only powering on for 2-3 seconds then off.

I attempted to rebuild the image using original Dell exe and PFS extract,
            i put original dump in FIT tool, and replaced ME region and BIOS region with that from exe extract. This gave me the symptoms mentioned in my first post.
            Attached Files

Comment

sorry my mistake, here is the original dump.

Symptoms were only powering on for 2-3 seconds then off.

I attempted to rebuild the image using original Dell exe and PFS extract,
              i put original dump in FIT tool, and replaced ME region and BIOS region with that from exe extract. This gave me the symptoms mentioned in my first post.
              Here's your New BIOS, try it and let me know.

Service Tag: 4HVFFP2.
              Attached Files
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
              all donations are welcome,
              see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
              >>>>>
              click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
              Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
                Here's your New BIOS, try it and let me know.
                Thank you sir, the board will now post, but it says "Product Name: Unidentified System"

Can i change this in hex editor?

Comment

Thank you sir, the board will now post, but it says "Product Name: Unidentified System"

Can i change this in hex editor?
                  I don't understand. Upload an image for the error message.
                  Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                  >>>>>

Comment

I don't understand. Upload an image for the error message.
                    in top of the picture, it should say model name like "Inspiron 5570"
                    Attached Files

Comment

in top of the picture, it should say model name like "Inspiron 5570"
                      Use a genuine adapter, install the CMOS battery, set the date and time then go to BIOS menu and check again.
                      >>>>>

Comment

Use a genuine adapter, install the CMOS battery, set the date and time then go to BIOS menu and check again.
                        All is good now, thanks

Comment

All is good now, thanks
                          You're welcome.
                          >>>>>

Comment

Help me get power, it won't turn on
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by trunguntilyou View Post
                              Help me get power, it won't turn on
                              REMEMBER : Attach Serial number / Sevice Tag when you request support about bios.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                              Become a Badcaps supporter
                              >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                              Thanks to all supporters.
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                                REMEMBER : Attach Serial number / Sevice Tag when you request support about bios.
                                sorry I knew that but forgot
                                stv: 800KXQ2

Comment

Originally posted by trunguntilyou View Post
                                  sorry I knew that but forgot
                                  stv: 800KXQ2
                                  Inspiron 5570
                                  Service Tag: 800KXQ2
                                  Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Inspiron 5570
                                    Service Tag: 800KXQ2
                                    work perfect

Comment

I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 5570 laptop, service tag H0GFXR2, from an eBay seller. The eBay item description stated, "This laptop does not power on - no lights, no beeps."

The motherboard is a LA-F114P, Rev 1.0 A00, 2017-09-04.

I have removed the motherboard from the chassis, and tested it using a charger only, with no batteries. The motherboard does power on, but it does not POST. There is no screen output, and I have confirmed that the screen and backlight work fine using the "press D, then Power" procedure to display solid colors on the screen.

I checked voltage and resistance levels on all power rails. All measurements seem to be normal, although the voltage and resistance on the iGPU power rail (PUG01/PLG01) are extremely low. That may be normal for an iGPU power rail, especially if the POST never gets far enough to initialize the iGPU.

The CPU and EC are cold, and the PCH is only slightly warm to the touch. When power is applied, the keyboard backlight and CAPS LOCK light up, and the fan spins at high RPM for about a minute. Then the motherboard shuts down completely.

I have tried the Dell BIOS recovery procedure of saving BIOS_IMG.rcv to a USB flash drive, holding Ctrl+Esc, and applying power to DC_IN. The board does not access the flash drive at all.

I used my XGecu T48 programmer to dump the BIOS to the attached H0GFXR2.BIN file, and then verified the dump. I used the DIP8 adapter, and did not use the alligator clip.

I don't know how this BIOS is corrupted. It may need a simple ME clean, or it may need more. I am very interested to learn how it was corrupted, because I would love to learn how to clean and restore these BIOS dumps.

Thank you for your time and help!
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dana.repouille View Post
                                        I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 5570 laptop, service tag H0GFXR2, from an eBay seller. The eBay item description stated, "This laptop does not power on - no lights, no beeps."

The motherboard is a LA-F114P, Rev 1.0 A00, 2017-09-04.

I have removed the motherboard from the chassis, and tested it using a charger only, with no batteries. The motherboard does power on, but it does not POST. There is no screen output, and I have confirmed that the screen and backlight work fine using the "press D, then Power" procedure to display solid colors on the screen.

I checked voltage and resistance levels on all power rails. All measurements seem to be normal, although the voltage and resistance on the iGPU power rail (PUG01/PLG01) are extremely low. That may be normal for an iGPU power rail, especially if the POST never gets far enough to initialize the iGPU.

The CPU and EC are cold, and the PCH is only slightly warm to the touch. When power is applied, the keyboard backlight and CAPS LOCK light up, and the fan spins at high RPM for about a minute. Then the motherboard shuts down completely.

I have tried the Dell BIOS recovery procedure of saving BIOS_IMG.rcv to a USB flash drive, holding Ctrl+Esc, and applying power to DC_IN. The board does not access the flash drive at all.

I used my XGecu T48 programmer to dump the BIOS to the attached H0GFXR2.BIN file, and then verified the dump. I used the DIP8 adapter, and did not use the alligator clip.

I don't know how this BIOS is corrupted. It may need a simple ME clean, or it may need more. I am very interested to learn how it was corrupted, because I would love to learn how to clean and restore these BIOS dumps.

Thank you for your time and help!
                                        Inspiron 5570

Thẻ dịch vụ: H0GFXR2
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Inspiron 5570

Thẻ dịch vụ: H0GFXR2
                                          @hoaca388
                                          Thank you very much for your help. I will use your BIN to program my BIOS chip some time this week when I have time. I will let you know if I get a good POST using it.

Dana

Comment

Working...
                                          X