• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi all.
    I'm from India.

Comment

Hey everyone! I'm very happy to have found this forum!

Comment

Hello out there I am Roger636. From Vancouver I get frustrated when things don't work right ad instead of talking to someoneelse I just end up trying to do t myself

Comment

Hi
          My name is James, I work in IT-security, in my spare time - hacking bootloaders for fun, been doing a bit of electrical engineering also. Always having 10 projects at any given time right now, removing a bios admin password from an HP probook 430g1 which i can't remember. Also trying to fix a strange problem with an Probook 650g1 where the fan is always on when shutoff, Gonna try DMI/EC flash and se whats what.

Thx for all the tips

Comment

Hello. Cool forum. Need help bios Lenovo C40-05 Type F0B5

Comment

Hi all... I'm Ben, an old fart, from what is known as the Eastern Shore of Virginia, part of the Delmarva peninsula...

I'm sort of a jack-of-all-trades, ace of none type... I have done mechanic work, everything from lawn mowers to tractor trailers... Also worked in the electrical trade; home, commercial, and industrial... Also construction, mostly custom homes doing everything from pouring the footer to handing over the keys...

I've been interested in electronics since my teens playing with sound systems and guitar amps... Now it's computers... These systems run Windows or FreeBSD mainly for media streaming my DVD collection with Plex Media Server and network services/management of my local LAN, which brings me here looking for replacement capacitor information for my older systems...

Comment

Hi all - live in South Africa, started on mainframe computers in 1964 working for NCR then Burroughs both companies as a systems engineer, then Operating System support.
                When PC's got released started development and sales support for Novell networking in South Africa.
                Migrated to Microsoft platform thru all the releases of Dos using dBase II for development.
                Next to Windows - all versions from version 1.0 (which I still have an unused copy of) to win10 now running on 4 Desktop multi-screen pc's and 2 laptops.
                Develop hardware and code mostly for IOT apps using Raspberry PI's.
                Love gaming on the ROBLOX platform with my grand children.
                Proudly 76 years old.

Comment

Hello Everyone! i am here to find out how to fix my LG 50LA6205 tv. i think it is my backlighting or could be my PCB

Comment

Hi,
                    I found a link to this great forum while searching any schematic for dead HP 27o monitor. I really hope to get it fixed with a little help from my friends here. North Russia, White Sea, Arkhangelsk.

Comment

Hi, being relatively new to computer component level repair I find this forum extraordinarily useful. Up until now, I didn't really need to post, but an uncommon defect somehow found a way into a lovely ThinkPad I bought used, so I'm hoping to find some help here

Comment

Hello, I'm Peter fro Ireland - retired computer engineer, currently trying to fix an LG TV

Comment

Hey all. Sorta new to laptop repairs on a smd level. This forum has a wealth of knowledge. Good to be on and have like minded inviduals provide support for people wanting to get into this.

Comment

Well I live in Australia and have been into electronics since I was about 12 now I'm 68! I have a background in electronic design and PCB layout. Know enough programming to get myself into trouble.

I got here because I needed a very cheap used notebook to run a laser cutter and of course it doesn't work....

Comment

Hey... I'm Chris from Germany :-)

Comment

Hello All,

I'm Greg.
                                I discovered your forum as I'm searching the web for a way to get my 2018 HP Pavilion back to life. I was updating the BIOS from an external USB with Win key + B and the power went off :-(. Since I could not revive it. I hope to find a solution here. Have a good one, Greg

Comment

Hi all.
                                  I'm from Italy.

Comment

Hi I'm thebaddest and my passion for electronics started when I frequently visited a Hi-Fi store when I was around 17 years old although I absolutely didn't have a clue at that time.
                                    I only knew that a JM Lab Mini Utopia paired with a sub blew my mind and couple of years later I went to university to study computer electronics, silly me! I should have studied electrical engineering.
                                    I mean alot of the other stuff like coding VHDL and CPU architectures were very appealing to me too but I came back to develop electronic systems incoorporating analogue audio interfaces(MIC, HP and Line) and a DSP.
                                    At least that's what my current job is about, developing PCB's, repairs and small scale volume production.
                                    I think that's enough and I hope that I can have some good conversations here.

Comment

Hi everyone!
                                      I'm interested in electronics repair, and i want to learn more!

Comment

hello!

Comment

Hello I am Jiaming from Austin, Texas. I am just learning new stuff and came across this forum. Thanks y'all.

Comment

Working...
                                          X