X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello Everyone and Happy New year.

My name is Jake and I have recently taken a liking to repairing my old electronics. This forum has been an excellent source of information for me and I am excited to no longer be an information lurker.

Comment

Hello Badcaps forum members!

I was a long time lurker on the forums and found the information very useful. I fix junk pcs/boards etc... for fun and recently more often than in the past. I am going to be more active within the community.

Cheers,

J

Comment

Happy New Year BadCap Forum!
        Not such a great new year for me! My name is Chris and I have been scammed on craigslist. I tend to think I can fix anything and I am here in hopes I can get some advice on how to fix things.

Thanks in advance for such a great forum! I love how in this day and age we can pool knowledge and get stuff done at an enthusiast level.

Again Happy New year to all

Comment

Have worked in retail electronics sales in a major chain for over 25 years. During that time I have managed to acquire a substantial collection of odds 'n ends, closeouts, discontinued models of all sorts of electronics. Some need repair or upgrading. With todays economy it makes more sense to try and repair some of this stuff than to discard and buy new. To that end I am starting a new hobby of fix-it myself. After reading several posts, the Mods and members of this forum are the most knowledgeable and helpful I have found anywhere on the web. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Comment

Guess I need to post a reply to get fully complete on my registration. Now retired. Worked as avoinics repairman, electronic mechanic, and quality engineeer for the USAF. Last position was performing acceptance of multi-million dollar compouter systems both hardware and software for the USAF at Cape Canaveral Air Station. It's good to find some help with my electronic problems.

Comment

Happy New Year BadCap Forum.

Have been using your site for electronics help in the past and found it to be a great source. Looking forward to contributing and having other help me on my specific questions.

Comment

good forum and regards to all

Comment

sorry for duplicate.
                  My name is Tommy,i'm deal with laptop repair and renew old laptops for a few month in little familiar service.
                  I have a some question which is not easy.I would like to ask for help in these.

Comment

Happy New Year all.

Came across this site while searching for info relating to replacing bad caps on a Dell Dimension e520. This site looks real interesting and it looks like I can learn alot here.

No certification in electronics just like to thinker about nothing too serious so bare with me .

Comment

hi im new to this dont have much know how about electrics but im trying to learn my name is Adam im from a small town called skelmersdale hope ur all ok and had a brill christmas and new year

Comment

Hello,

I am a computer tech with 15 years experience. I have a small shop with 7 part time employee. I am looking for chip level support.

Thanks

Joe

Comment

Hi everyone.

Comment

Hi Everyone. I love the info on this site so far. I'm a pilot and my two sons (teenage) like to build computers and love anything electronic. We just got out my dads old CW Heathkit to finish as we speak. We have a relatively new (less than 5 years) Vizio P50HDTV10A that we are looking to fix. A repairman told us some caps were bad on the main board and we ordered some from Digikey and just replaced them today. I'm looking forward to the information on this forum! Hope everyone is doing well and thanks in advance for the help and knowledge! Troy

Comment

Hi All,
                              I am Zsolt from Budapest, Hungary. I am architect and the electronics is my hobby.

Comment

Hi
                                Happy New Year :-)
                                I live in the uk and am a computer tech I came across this group and found a lot of useful info so have now joined :-)
                                Cheers
                                Mark

Comment

Hello all, I am a 50 year old electrical engineer that fixes pretty much anything that breaks. I don't do it as a business but for myself and friends. From time to time I need guidance because I am not an expert. My expertise is actually industrial controls and at the application level. I have all of the basic tools but will need help from time to time. Hoping you all have patience and that I might contribute something over time.

Joe

Comment

Hi my name is John I am new to the forum.I am a DIY and the family repair man it seems at times.Seems to be some really good info on here and hope to further educate myself on here.

Comment

Hi,

I design embedded systems -- "things" with computers in them that, of
                                      themselves, you wouldn't call "computers" (actually turned down an offer
                                      to design televisions many decades ago).

Here primarily to help "rescue" kit from the landfill for friends and neighbors.
                                      Not high on my wish list but somewhat "entertaining" -- a break from the
                                      regular 9-to-5. And, if I can save someone a repair/replacement expense,
                                      so be it!

My condolences to those getting hammered by the cold -- it's ~70F here,
                                      currently -- though this body appears to operate in the "mil" temp
                                      range: -26F (WC of -83) through +117 (THI of +120), so far. I'm not
                                      keen on pushing it any further!

Comment

I am fairly proficent with most issues but now i need to work on a mother board and nee the schematic for Compaq 623909-001.

Comment

Hello all. I am really enjoying this forum so far - it's right up my alley for home rework of consumer electronics. I have worked in the world of electronics manufacturing for 20 years both in manufacturing operations and in process engineering. I currently am a Master IPC Trainer, meaning I train and certify individuals and companies in soldering, rework, circuit repair, inspection, cabling/harnesses, and bare circuit board fabrication. I typically work in the military and space industries, so it's nice to find this resource for the consumer realm. I look forward to learning from others, and sharing anything that helps!

Comment

Working...
                                          X